FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 5: July 2011) - page 57

IgorM:
Igor, show me this screen on W1
Files:
eurusd_2.zip  3 kb

margaret:

I'm listening to the news... All the media are saying that the eu is already fed up with its growth, it's time to pay for its sins.... it's not Europe that's holding the eu, but the USA....

But as Romanov says "And then it will come back and laugh at you!"

I like trading days like this....

I'm fucked up.... What media? .... Link please... Or like with pictures...?

RekkeR:

Ukraine is in the top five outsiders in terms of economic development, owes the IMF a lot of money, but is silent.

Let us be specific:

Population of Greece: 10 million people

GDP - 334 billion U.S. dollars

Debt of 350 billion euros of which the national debt is 250 billion euros

Average wage 2900Euros.

Ukraine -- 49 million people. (Permanent residence permits 30 maybe)

GDP $ 294 billion (+ 40% of shadow economy)

Debt 100 billion USD. Debt of which USD 20 billion is national debt

Average salary 260 Euro/month (in an envelope + ?% + ? billion USD earned abroad)

Who is doing better? How many years does it take for the Greeks to repay their debts?

Ukraine is rated by GDP per capita, but the following is not taken into account: a) the shadow economy b) how many people live in Ukraine c) how much they earn abroad.

I'm not saying that everything is fine, but compared to Greece it's bearable...

The Greek crisis has been going on since the 80s, why was everyone silent? Simple, Greece was terrified of military intervention by the Turks and no money was spared for defence, so everything was forgiven. Who was forgiving -- imho, the leading NATO procurers:

Greece intends to push for more EU defence spending

Added 27 July 2008

SOFIA, January 8. /RIA Novosti /correspondent Yuri Kovalenko/. As presidency of the European Union, Greece intends to insist on an increase in defence spending in the EU, RIA Novosti reported.

Greek Defence Minister Yianos Papantoniou was quoted by the Macedonian TV channel A1 as saying on Wednesday that defence spending in the US was twice the amount allocated for this purpose in the EU. The minister said that unless concrete measures are taken within the next four to five years, the difference in U.S. military capabilities between the EU and the U.S. will become unattainable.

DragonSL:

The Greek crisis has been spinning since the 80s, why was everyone silent? Simple...

simple really, when you weren't following the economic news there was Portugal instead of Greece, no Greece means Zimbabwe ;)

IgorM:
really simple, when you didn't follow the economic news it was Portugal instead of Greece, no Greece means Zimbabwe ;)

That goes without saying: Italy, Ireland, Spain, even France. But Zimbabwe, not likely, the Euros don't go there....

The Greeks are specifically being bred for privatisation, there is a lot to grab (a third of Italy+Germany's imports )...

Dollar index, 70% down:

Imho, the dollar and euro will fall by leaps and bounds and attention should be paid to gold, poundbucks, bucksochiefs, New Zealanders etc.

Euro index 50x50 (but still down on the hour):

Euro pound: strictly down:

IMHO: BOTH THE EURO AND THE DOLLAR ARE GOING DOWN!

That's why I'm betting on the poundbucks :-)

DragonSL:

Let's be specific:

Greece has a population of 10 million

GDP 334 billion

Debt of 350 billion euros of which the national debt is 250 billion euros

Average wage of 2900 Euros.

Ukraine -- 49 million people. (Permanent residence permits 30 maybe)

GDP $ 294 billion (+ 40% of shadow economy)

Debt 100 billion USD. Debt of which USD 20 billion is national debt

Average salary 260 Euro/month (in an envelope + ?% + ? billion USD earned abroad)

Who is doing better? How many years does it take for the Greeks to repay their debts?

Ukraine is rated by GDP per capita, but the following is not taken into account: a) the shadow economy b) how many people live in Ukraine c) how much they earn abroad.

I'm not saying that everything is fine, but compared to Greece it's bearable...

The bright picture you have, but it's hard to understand one thing - why haven't the Greeks flocked to such a "prosperous" Ukraine? ;)