How is the expected payoff calculated? - page 7

paukas:

And 20p per trade on average is H.H. Andersen's fairy tale.

Yes, it sounds like a fairy tale. And in your opinion, what is a decent and, at the same time, not a fairy tale value that a reliable TS should have?

We are not talking about the other criteria.

If I have MO = 11, how do I convert to points? And does this tester figure have anything to do with the number of terminal characters?

valenok2003:
If I have MO = 11, how do I convert to points? And does this tester figure have anything to do with the number of digits of the terminal?

Subtract the closing price for shorts from the opening price,

For buys, on the contrary, add everything and divide by the number of trades

valenok2003:
If I have MO = 11, how do I convert to points? And does this tester figure have anything to do with the number of signs of the terminal?

You have already been written...

You yourself, think carefully about the definition of mate-expectation and you will find the solution...

ME is the average profit per transaction... See Paukas' post for the answer... :-)))

bogati:

... I just recently started doing technical analysis. I look through the history manually without a tester, i.e. I look through the chart and write out trades.

download the indicator from here (post Xupypr 18.01.2010 14:20 there is a formula inside), mark out the trades and get all the characteristics automatically, and read this book, this thesis, this page, etc......

For many years now, traders have been asking for profit/loss to be reported in pips (max, min, MOJ.... respectively), but it's still there. Many people are blinded by the tester's report with its $. When someone sees that he's a "millionaire tester", he gets lost....

here's the perks if anyone thinks this kind of report is important

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/2045

this is a summary of my criteria for quality TS (if MOG of profit in pips greater than 2 spreads and greater than MOG of landing in pips, preferably two times) this is a worthwhile TS which is necessary and important to look closely

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/126953

paukas:

And 20p average per trade is H.H. Andersen's fairy tales.

Not exactly fairy tales, just don't understand why I can't test on a longer history and what is meant by "GRAPHICS ERRORS"

valenok2003:

Not exactly fairy tales, just don't understand why I can't test on a longer story and what is meant by "GRAPHICS ERRORS"

It means that the data on some TFs does not match the data on others. For example, the hour closed at 10, but on the minutes it closed at 50. We should download minutes and use them to generate other TFs. This can be seen on the Forum.

And we should test it correctly, on the minutes by open bars.

valenok2003 12.07.2011 18:40
paukas:

And 20p on average per trade is H.H. Andersen's fairy tales.

Not really fairy tales, just can't understand why I can't test on a longer story....

====================

Well, is it fairy tales or not fairy tales?

After testing on a longer story.... ;-))

Yes, there are no such profits on a longer history, although it doesn't drain. So, it's rubbing in the same place. However, here's the first try on the ruble demo account.
Files: