New trends in technical analysis. - page 5

yosuf:
Have you ever wondered what these periods are associated with?

Flat and Trend.

And a flat can have different amplitudes and a trend can also be different.

Europa:
Which one? Like 2 fingers...

Program the triangle like this.

Rising triangle - each successive high is lower than the previous one, each successive low is higher than the previous one. The highs and lows look at the bodies (you can make a body/candle trigger). Opening of the trade, when the green candle breaks the resistance line.

Stop loss on the 1st move in the triangle. Tp to the height of the first movement in the triangle. Set aside from the end of the 5th wave.

About frequencies.

With me it looks like this.

I have a trading strategy of crossing two wagons on 15 minutes.

By optimizing Expert Advisors retroactively, frequencies at which open positions bring positive trades and negative trades are calculated.

Such calculation takes 7 hours on 8 core i7 for the last month. (I have a separate computer for this purpose) Optimization is performed for all ticks.

It looks like this:

After selecting the frequency I get a table of the following kind.

From which on scale X is visible which frequencies should be kept and which should be removed. (X scale is frequency, Y is effectiveness on history)

Therefore, in the future the Expert Advisor should allow trading only at positive frequencies and prohibit trading at negative ones.

serler2: This calculation takes 7 hours on an 8 core i7 for the last month. (I have a separate computer for this purpose) Optimisation is on all ticks.

So all 8 processor threads are busy during calculation?

It's perfectly clear that it isn't. Hmmm, really, why not 8 terminals but only 4? It would count as 4 hours instead of 7.

In MT4, the processors are somehow half-used. I do not know why it happens so. (MT5 has full load of all processors, but for some reason MT5 hangs during optimization and calculates about 2 times faster by oring time)

I have 3 metatrader in each EA with different parameters.

Ugh, right, not 4, but 3. So put 7(8) terminals straight to optimisation.

There's no hurry in optimising it. I usually put it on overnight at the weekend. And eight terminals can be confusing.

Gza:
Hello. I've read about quantum analysis and got interested. I'd like to collect the most complete information about this kind of analysis. The article contains some ideas on the quantum analysis: "How to make a quantum analysis Expert Advisor, what to do and how to do it". Or just give your opinion.

Bullshit.

I've written scripts that draw channels (reworked them), tried to automate them, but due to the lack of a sensible task, everything stalled

serler2:

... And accordingly, in the future the Expert Advisor should be allowed to trade only on positive frequencies and prohibited to trade on negative frequencies.

The market is very volatile, so I recommend to choose the optimization period of not more than 2 months and not less than 2 weeks. But in principle you got the idea right.

If you want a little advice: quantum frequencies for buying and selling should be calculated separately, because their profitable frequencies do not coincide. I.e. you should get two frequency spectrum graphs.

Good luck.