Dodge is the head ( or "give me a point of reference..."). - page 6

IgorM:

I briefly researched options, I was confused by the statistics that small speculators on options did not get very rich

this?

I went to datasheet - there columns futures bid left and offer right is volume at price, BUT! it does not match the terminal one, I will look in detail tomorrow, something is wrong, they are either for microsides cumulative at price or something else

I would like to try and give a definition of Dodge. A universal one. Unambiguously definitive. Is this possible? The definition of Dodge "in general" comes down to looking at its body and its "tails". But if you put two candles next to each other, one of which has huge tails compared to its body, and the other candle has tiny tails compared to its body. But the body of the "tailed" candle is bigger than the body of the "untailed" candle... ( pardon the funny imagery, laughter as well as yawning are fuses that help the brains rest, that keep the brains from "burning out"... So I'll leave it to THOSE images. ) How do you calculate-define dodge in this case? My suggestion-assumption is to take the candle with "the smallest body among the adjacent candles, regardless of the size of the tails of the candles in question", based on the assumption that one can only consider Dodge in context, i.e. without detaching it from the adjacent candles.

A price movement to one side, then to the other and back to the starting point - that's the definition.

DDFedor:
I would like to try and give a definition of Dodge. A universal one. Unambiguously definitive. Is this possible? The definition of Dodge "in general" comes down to looking at its body and its "tails". But if you put two candles next to each other, one of which has huge tails compared to its body, and the other candle has tiny tails compared to its body. But the body of the "tailed" candle is bigger than the body of the "untailed" candle... ( pardon the funny imagery, laughter as well as yawning are fuses that help the brains rest, that keep the brains from "burning out"... So I'll leave it to THOSE images. ) How do you calculate-define dodge in this case? My suggestion-assumption is to take the candle with "the smallest body among the adjacent candles, regardless of the size of the tails of the candles in question", based on the assumption that you can only consider Dodge in context, i.e. without detachment from the adjacent candles.

If we take a completely random series, then the body of an average candle is the sum of the upper and lower shadows. If you define the body as B, and upper and lower shadows as SH and SL, then (SH+SL)/B=1 on the average. Dodge will be the more dodgy))) the greater this ratio is. But this value tends to infinity if Open=Close, which is not very indicative for dodge comparison. So you could put it like this: (SH+SL)/ (SH+SL+B). Then this value would be <=1. The closer to one, the trumpier the dodge is. If it's equal to zero, it's anti-dodge :)

www.thinkorswim.com or any broker that has ninja trader. And don't look at the volume of options contracts, but the volume of transactions in the current period. Options are a bit different.

Integer:
A price movement to one side, then to the other and back to the starting point - that's the definition.
You are right but from the market point of view this is a very strong signal as the bulls have not kept prices up, i.e. the bears are stronger, and if the bears are stronger the bears will go down, and vice versa.

What is "Dodge"?

Or do you mean "Dodge"?

PapaYozh:

What is Dodge?

Dodge (pronounced Dodge) is a brand of cars manufactured by the American company Chrysler. The Dodge brand makes cars, pick-up trucks, SUVs and commercial vehicles. The company was founded in 1900 by Dodge brothers for production of car components.

Couldn't find any other definition on Wiki :(

PapaYozh:

What is "Dodge"?

Or do you mean "Doji"?

Doji (doji, doji) are open and close prices which are the same (or almost the same), they are important in combination with other candlesticks, but are among the most important candlesticks. They are also part of important candlestick patterns. (from Wiki)

RomanS:

Dodge (pronounced Dodge) is a brand of cars manufactured by the American company Chrysler. The Dodge brand includes passenger cars, pick-up trucks, SUVs and commercial vehicles. The company was founded in 1900 by Dodge brothers for production of car components.

Couldn't find any other definition on Wiki :(

What about Doji?