Dodge is the head ( or "give me a point of reference..."). - page 4

DDFedor:

Хочу уточнить. Конечно. "Сами по себе" доджи не имеют смысла. Точно также как и ВСЁ вокруг нас, вырванное из контакта и взаимодействия. "Не хитрый секрет. Ведь дуть смысла нет. Когда никто не крутится в ответ"(с) И, конечно, планирую вывести взаимосвязи с некоторыми другими "торговыми правилами". В этом смысле, по-моему, очень показательны "три линии", формирующие треугльник, и позволяющие "поймать" точку на плоскости. Точно также и в ТС. "Одного" условия - мало. Нужны, как минимум, три "глобальных" условия, чтобы запустить систему в работу.

At first I said:

joo:

And if the bars are shifted in time by a few minutes - will the candles work? - they (the candles) will change!

We need a time-independent approach.

Then commented on this:

joo:

SergSV:
Dodge is the first sign of a reversal if it's on high volume and the older the period, the stronger the signal and the greater the potential for movement

There's no profit to be made on it - there's nothing to hook the TS to.

What SergSV has stated is not clearly formalized (in bold), therefore it is impossible to earn, but not because the Dodge does not work.

As for the candlesticks, I have the following: the candlestick depends on the time it covers. The smallest time unit for candlesticks is 15 min (I may be wrong, but there seem to be time zones starting from 30 min), this is a feature of time zones. This means that traders who are in different time zones see their own candles, and not the same for all. And this means that traders based on a candlestick analysis will make different decisions depending on their time zone - and this contradicts the statement. What follows, I hope, is clear (I'm getting tired of tapping the keyboard).

But I'm not saying the candlesticks are useless by themselves, not at all. - But only if you draw candlesticks of higher timeframes from one-minute bars (attention!) on each one-minute bar. Then the candlestick analysis, and thus the decisions based on it, will be the same for all timezones.

I myself personally use only H and L minute candlesticks, and use them to analyze higher timeframes. This is another nice feature, but I am not going to describe it - I want the readers to get their brains moving (this is not directed to you, DDFedor). This is the "third point of the triangle", which holds the construction no matter how it is twisted and moved in space (in our case - in time).

joo:

What I have to say about candlesticks is this: the candlestick depends on the time it covers. The smallest indivisible time unit for candlesticks is 15min (I could be wrong, but I think there are time zones starting from 30min), this is a feature of time zones. This means that traders who are in different time zones see their own candles, and not the same for all. And this means that traders based on a candlestick analysis will make different decisions depending on their time zone - and this contradicts the statement. What follows, I hope, is clear (I'm tired of tapping the keyboard).

You are wrong. Hourly candles are the same

paukas:
Wrong. Hourly candles are the same
Yes, that's probably the case, there are hardly any brokers/dts who have fractional (like 6:30 on H1) time zones on the server. But the older TF will be different - and here some on the contrary argue that the older the candlestick TF, the better. It is better to build from minutes, only then you can understand the full structure of the candlesticks being formed.

DDFedor:

You could. But who else needs it but you? If you are the "master", you can drag the "mass" to your TF, but who has enough strength to do it? On this basis, the majority, after all, use the "standard" TF, which is why I propose to consider the "standard" TF.
No... I mean the time, it's "different" for everyone and especially for the market, it has such a thing as inertia and strength, you just need to carefully follow the market and try to "feel" it, get into its mood, and just keep pace with it, and then no indicators will help, you need to be a little faster, namely to anticipate the crowd's behavior at one or another moment in time.

By the way, DDFedor is a great idea... should try it...

joo:
Yes, probably so, there are hardly any brokers/dts who have fractional (like 6:30 on H1) time zones on the server. But the older TF will be different - and here some on the contrary argue that the older the candlestick TF, the better. It is better to build from minutes, only then you can understand the full structure of the candlesticks being formed.
Yes, and link the daily ones to the London open.

paukas:
Yes, and tie the daily to the opening of London.

You don't need to tie it to anything...

report point should be chosen according to circumstances (those present in the market right now)

Europa:

There is no need to tie it to anything...

the reporting point should be chosen according to the circumstances (those present in the market right now)

Yep, got it, today we start the day at 4pm and tomorrow 2 hours and 38 minutes later. Such are the circumstances, your ladyship :))

Aha... Exactly!

and maybe the day after tomorrow 1.5 hours earlier, anything is possible... I'll think about it! and then I'll have an epiphany

Europa:

Aha... Exactly!

and maybe the day after tomorrow 1.5 hours earlier, anything is possible... I'll think about it! and then I'll have an epiphany

Clearhorse, there will be a sanitary hour at the stock exchange.

DDFedor thanks for the idea ;)