Don't tell me that TA works! - page 7

Avals:

It's not philosophy, it's elementary logic. All objective types of analysis and forecasting use history and its repeatability. so the only difference is in the details of use)))

OK - weather is a classic example of an additive system. It rained last year, the year before, etc. A drizzle, a downpour, a hurricane, it was sunny and then rain, or cloudy and then rain, etc. In this respect, history never repeats itself exactly. There are too many parameters.

In the market the price goes down and then up and vice versa. Always. But the devil is in the details.

FAGOTT:

I trade that there is at least a 90% probability that the price will go in the direction of the forecast and not against it.

Is the probability calculated? - Technical analysis)

FAGOTT:

difficult. You have to highlight the essentials. But the fundamentals are not analyst reports but concrete macrostatistical data.

Well do not "twist your arm", well it is not possible to isolate anything significant from the information storm that is in the media and the Internet, as modern statistics is the most deceitful science, which is served in the right form at certain times, AvtoVAZ is an example - at times of loss the company dumps data on growth relative to previous periods, but the problem is the period of statistics is always different when the quarter, when month, when year

IgorM:

не знаю как Вам еще обьяснить -ТА это поиск и выявление закономерностей на истории, и не факт, что эти закономерности будут дальше работать

That is what I am saying. Moreover, I am saying that if the patterns worked in the past, they have disappeared or will disappear in the future for sure.

Figar0:
Has the probability been calculated? - Technical analysis)

Calculated

IgorM:
Well do not "twist your arm", well it is impossible to isolate anything significant from the information storm that is in the media and the Internet, as modern statistics is the most deceitful science, which is presented in the right form at certain times, AvtoVAZ is an example - at moments of loss the company dumps data on growth relative to previous periods, but the problem is the period of statistics is always different when the quarter, when month, when year

The stock market is more complicated in this respect than forex.

Once again I say - do not read the information noise, there is data specific indicators of macrostatistics.

FAGOTT:

OK - the weather is a classic example of an additive system. It rained last year, the year before, etc. It drizzled, it rained, it stormed, it was sunny and then rained, or it was cloudy and then rained, etc. In this respect, history never repeats itself exactly. There are too many parameters.

In the market the price goes down and then up and vice versa. Always. But the devil is in the details.

and the TA claims that history repeats itself exactly?

Avals:
and the TA claims that history repeats itself exactly?

Indicator convergence, oscillator convergence, chart patterns, moving average crossovers, etc.

FAGOTT:

Indicator convergence, oscillator convergence, graphical patterns, moving average crossovers, etc.

Nowhere does it state that there is complete randomness. TA is a means to statistical advantage, not a predictor of the future. Just like any other knowledge in the natural realm

Avals:

nowhere does it state that completely - randomness is present. TA is a means to statistical advantage, not a predictor of the future. Just like any other knowledge in the natural realm.
over the course of, say, six months a statistical advantage is gained?