When does it make sense to keep part of the robot code in an indicator? - page 31

Integer:

What nonsense! You write your EMA calculation in Expert Advisor and compare the performance with mine.

The initial task was to compare the performance of the same code in the EA and in the indicator.

What is the point of comparing different code by performance? What does it prove?

Andrei01:

The initial task was to compare the performance of the same code in the Expert Advisor and in the indicator.

What's the point of comparing different code by performance? What does it prove?

This proves that the use of indicators can significantly increase the speed and reliability of the robot, as well as simplify the process of their creation, greatly simplifying it.

Integer:

This proves that the use of indicators can significantly increase the speed and reliability of the robot.

Obviously, this can only be proved by using the same piece of code. If you use different code, it will not be correct.

I will give you an example, if it is hard to understand, if you do 10 summations in your indicator, and an Expert Advisor does 100 at the same time, it doesn't mean that the performance of the indicator is faster than of the Expert Advisor.

Andrei01:

Obviously, this can only be proved by using the same piece of code. If you use different code, the staking will not be correct.

I will give you an example, if it is hard to understand, if you do 10 summations in your indicator, and an Expert Advisor does 100 at the same time, it doesn't mean that the performance of the indicator is faster than of the Expert Advisor.

Why should I perform 10 summations, if my indicator can perform only one?

Integer:

Why should I do 10 summations when I can do just one in an indicator?
This was an example to explain to you what performance is. The number of operations per unit of time.

Andrei01:
This was an example to explain to you what performance is. The number of operations per unit of time.

Me? You want me to explain? Whoa! [Laughs] Thank you, I didn't know, now I'll know.

Integer:

Me? Do I have to explain? Whoa! (Laughs) Thanks, I didn't know, now I'll know.
Well, if you do know, then why do you want to compare code with different numbers of operations?

Andrei01:
Well, if you do, then why do you want to compare code with different numbers of operations?

I didn't know that before, but now you've enlightened me.

Andrei01:

The initial task was to compare the performance of the same code in Expert Advisor and Indicator.

The initial task was to explain that the same code doing the same thing in Expert Advisor and Indicator is possible only in very rare cases.

But you are really tight and stuck to your assembler operations.

Re-read the thread carefully, nobody ever said anything about comparing the same code. They were talking about comparing code that does the same thing.

TheXpert:

The initial task was to explain that the same code doing the same thing in Expert Advisor and Indicator is possible only in very rare cases.

Where does this postulate come from? There is one and the same certain calculation that can be done either in indicator or in Expert Advisor, is it really necessary to explain such elementary things?