When does it make sense to keep part of the robot code in an indicator? - page 25

hrenfx:

Learn how to argue.

You imagine I do.

Andrei01:

By the way, where is your promised version of the Expert Advisor to be hooked up to the indicator? I can't find it anywhere.

In general, the discussion has gone to the wrong place, because the problem of connection and history swapping is not discussed here, but only performance measurement on any random data through the indicator and directly in the code.

Look more closely.

Integer:
And the EMA has a window!
Lit.

hrenfx:
Litmus.

Eliminate your illiteracy.

Integer:

Look more closely.
Couldn't find it anywhere, which page was it on?

hrenfx:

But again, I'm talking about REAL conditions. You only run the EA when you are sure that all the history has been uploaded. And my EA will react perfectly correctly to short-term disruptions in communication.

No, this is not a conversation. When they talk about real, they are talking about avoiding possible problems and overlaps.

It feels like you either haven't traded on the real, or haven't lost money on your own negligence yet.

There is no window in EMA. It is an exponential average.
All wagons have a window. Values outside the window with a certain tolerance do not affect the current value. This is a question of terminology, I know exactly what the EMA is.

Andrei01:

In fact, this is not the place to discuss the problem of communication and history paging, but to measure performance on any random input through an indicator and directly in the code.

This argument should have been resolved back here.

Andrei01:
Couldn't find it anywhere, what page was it on?

What am I, your personal secretary?

Dickfix, aren't you sick of being fucked up in every thread?

TheXpert:

It feels like you either haven't traded on the real world, or haven't lost money on your own negligence yet.

I have traded a great deal on the real and entirely with machines. And I have never used indicators in my EAs. Moreover, in third-party API most often there is no concept of an indicator at all, but everyone is doing fine without it. You understand that an indicator is an artificial object.