World currencies index (clearly visible as the bubble burst) - page 7

sever30:
Rom, that's the thing to do, concentrate on it. I think that every trader sooner or later has to define his TS and use it exclusively. For instance, Igor, a very smart guy, but he is trying to do everything and still can't find himself.

If this is about me, I'm a relatively new Forex trader, so I'm going the same way as most other traders ;)

ZS: It's not as bad as it seems at first glance, the main thing is to remember where it all started and get back to the beginning - where the profit was ;)

Nikolai, if at a change of trend by the indicator you close only positions in profit, and in a strong loss, which you leave until the next change of trend, eh?

Kolivi:

An idea has occurred to me: take 27 currency pairs (currencies like USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, JPY, AUD, CHF, NZD) and find the average. You get a basket of world currencies.

You can clearly see that the bubble is growing until 2007. The maximum was in July 2007 and the double top was in October 2007. The trend of the index changes downwards and the bubble bursts in June 2008 (it could not break through the resistance). At this moment a triangle is being formed and the index is close to the upper resistance boundary. Since September 2010 the index has continued to rise until this day.

Here is the same index from the last 2 months which has shown an uptrend. At the moment the index is close to the high of February 18.

I ask who is interested in this index to create it as an indicator and post it here. I am not a programmer and I created it with Exel from the quotes archive for 27 currency pairs and cross rates.

The trading system is quite simple: if the index is rising, then buy all 27 currency pairs. If it is falling - sell. And it does not matter how any of the pairs is rising or falling. The overall result is not a bad profit.

It certainly doesn't make sense to buy all 27 pairs here :-))) - As I showed on the previous page of the thread - one pair is enough if the "basket" index is working.

If you are engaged in this direction - in the journal on this page - from 21 to 25 - there is interesting information about compilation and order of application of joint currency index in an EA, besides this "... By the closeness of the average quote correlation coefficient to 1, it is possible, among other things, to quickly reject the assortment of market instruments... Such a TS can be classified as an adaptive TS. " - is the question of the "Adaptation" of the TS to changing market conditions - in a recent, similar in name to this term, the concept of adaptivity TS was discussed in a forum thread, there were many questions about it, but did not come to a common denominator. Perhaps someone will find this information helpful in their investigations in this direction.

Roman.:

It certainly doesn't make sense to buy all 27 pairs here :-))) - As I showed on the previous page of the thread - just use one pair if the "basket" index is a working one.

And how are you going to guess which of the 27 pairs will go down?

Here is the index down to 24.15 from 25, out of 27 pairs 9 with a loss and 18 with a profit. But in total I have 300% profit from the deposit, this is for today. Now I think to close or just wait for the further fall.

I liked your system, but one disadvantage is that the data is published weekly, therefore I will see the changes too late.

For those who are looking for reversals contrary to most market participants http://news.rambler.ru/9304474/

Here we go(DAX):

Kolivi:

and how are you going to guess which of the 27 pairs will go down?

Here is the index down to 24.15 from 25, out of 27 pairs 9 are at a loss and 18 are in profit. But in total I have 300% profit from the deposit, this is for today. Now I think to close or just wait for the further fall.

I liked your system, but one disadvantage, the data is published weekly, so the change is too late to see.

For those who are looking for reversals contrary to most market participants http://news.rambler.ru/9304474/

I see. I will definitely read it. Alternatively, here is a more "specialized" version of the currency index - the magazine on this page - pages 21-25 - has interesting information on how to make and use a joint currency index in an EA.

If you don't mind, would you kindly describe the trading criteria of your system - when to buy, when to short, where you put profit and loss levels... maybe something else interesting...:-))) It would be interesting to look more closely at this question.

Kolivi:

and how are you going to guess which of the 27 pairs will go down?

Here's the index down to 24.15 from 25, out of 27 pairs 9 are at a loss and 18 are in profit. But in total I have 300% profit from the deposit, this is for today. Now I think to close or just wait for the further fall.

I liked your system, but one disadvantage, the data is published weekly, so I will see the changes too late.

For those looking for reversals contrary to most market participants http://news.rambler.ru/9304474/

1.The question is different - no need to guess here - the indicator shows everything and the pairs (pair) move... :-)))

2. The fact that the data is weekly - for journals - it's not critical (it's even better, because the indicator shows "in time" :-)))) And I'm testing the owl not by "0" bars, but by "1" - i.e. the current week we work with the previous week's data.

P.S. I think the key to compiling a basket index is the "approach" to its formation, both in terms of the selection of instruments and the methods of forming their data.

More details can be looked at from this page of the magazine.

We open-close deals to break through the key channel levels.

Some analytics: As we see, the index did not manage to break through the 25 level of February 18. And the break-down of the support on the 9-10th of March gave a sell signal. By the way note this happened before the earthquake in Japan. Today's trade was opened at the breakdown of support level of February 24-25. Nevertheless I fixed the profit on the index 24.15 (support level of 29.12.2010). I am concerned, that the connection of high points of the current channel has not straight, but rather an accelerating curve (tangent function), which tells about the big potential of falling of the index. However, let's wait to draw such conclusions. Let's see what the maximum of the rebound from 29.12.2010 will be.

Kolivi:

We open-close deals to break through the key channel levels.

Some analytics: As we see, the index did not manage to break through the 25 level of February 18. And the break-down of the support on the 9-10th of March gave a sell signal. By the way note this happened before the earthquake in Japan. Today's trade was opened at the breakdown of support level of February 24-25. Nevertheless I fixed the profit on the index 24.15 (support level of 29.12.2010). I am concerned, that the connection of high points of the current channel has not straight, but rather an accelerating curve (tangent function), which tells about the big potential of falling of the index. However, let's wait to draw such conclusions. Let's see what the maximum of the rebound from 29.12.2010 will be.

And the stops and takes?

And how do you set stops and takes on a particular pair? Because one pair goes down, then goes up.

However, I have seen an EA that fixes profit or loss depending on the percentage. There are also scripts for opening n pairs and closing them at the same time.