EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 3) - page 221

margaret:

Typicallymarkets are quick to forget about natural disasters, regardless of their magnitude, but this time one has to wonder if the earthquake could serve as a catalyst for Japan's economy. Bloomberg columnist William Pesek has an interesting article on the subject. He speculates how this earthquake could be a positive catalyst in a number of sectors, such as improving diplomatic relations and changing bureaucratic habits.

that's why they're suffering from a lack of fundamentals... they are sticking to the disaster - and how many days they talk about it on the forum?)))

and the yap will rebuild quickly - it won't hurt the economy much...

Panic has broken out in the Japanese stock market.

Inna Zvyagintseva, an analyst with Astrum Investment Management, told UNIAN news agency.

She said that as a result of the panic, index Nikkei on Monday, March 14, fell by 10.55% to a level of 8605 points. During the trading session, the stock market collapsed by as much as 14 per cent. Shares of the affected nuclear company Electric Power Co. fell 24.7 per cent .Shares of Toshiba Corp, Hitachi Ltd, Sumitomo Metal Industries and financial company Aiful Corp were down sharply. Other Asian markets also recorded sharp declines. Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan said a "significant amount" of radioactive material had leaked from damaged nuclear plants. The panic has also been fuelled by information from local Tokyo authorities that radiation levels in the Japanese capital are 23 times higher than usual.

Other stock markets also fell on Monday, the analyst said. The US DJIA fell 0.4% to 11,993 points and the S&P 500 fell 0.6% to 1,296 points.Gerenal Electric shares were the hardest hit, losing 2.2%. GE was the supplier of the reactor at the Fukushima nuclear plant. At the same time, shares of Walt Disney Co also fell in price, which was facilitated by the closure of Japanese Disneyland for 10 days. Shares of Japanese automakers Nissan Motors, which is listed on the US exchange, Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. also fell . Shares of machinery maker Caterpillar Inc. and oil producers Chevron Corp. and Exxon Mobil rose, cushioning the DJIA's decline .

As I. ZVYAGINTSEVA reported, European bourses felt worse than US ones on Monday. The FTSE 100 index fell 0.9 percent to 5,775 points, the CAC 40 fell 1.3 percent to 3,878 points and the DAX fell 1.7 percent to 6,867 points.

------- (p.s. translation from Ukrainian) --------

Yen is holding up well...

RBC is now reporting that Fukushima has been upgraded to a hazard rating of 6, while Chernobyl was 7. The reactor cannot be cooled down, radiation is off the scale, everyone is being evacuated.

It looks like it's going to be a disaster soon.

Kitsan:

RBC is now reporting that Fukushima has been upgraded to a hazard rating of 6, while Chernobyl was 7. The reactor cannot be cooled down, radiation is off the scale, everyone is being evacuated.

It looks like it's going to be a disaster soon.

It's been on the news since this morning...

margaret:
This news has been on since this morning...

So I missed it.

Tantrik:

Why bother?

You want compliments? Sure thing....))))) Start....)))))?

Tantrik:
No.

:)))

Tantrik:
No.

just tired... Get some rest for a few days + fresh air... the market is not going anywhere...

It appears to me that the rise in the pair is over (if I'm not mistaken) and the pair should PROPOSEDly start going down.

Zet:

It appears to me that the rise in the pair is over (if I'm not mistaken) and the pair should PROPOSEDly start going down.

Mm-hmm.