Market manipulation - page 15

This I posted in a neighbouring thread, mine is from the terminal - Euro Thursday - bid

"But you should know where and when to go" - so many people know where to go and you also subconsciously know))) the market goes to the level or a powerful counter limits or to the level of the beginning of the move (where the movement was initiated, because the volume of entries interferes) - and these levels are described in books, but not in Russian. But they don't know how to enter the market, they know where to go - either to a level or a strong limiters level (from where the move was initiated, because the volumes get in the way), and how to draw these levels they write in books, but not in Russian, but in Euro you draw horizontal levels on the hour market from which you buy (or rather not levels, but ranges of 10-40 ticks) and buy from them when the price goes down to them, there you have bought and there is a demand waiting for limiters, resistors as well. If you have a hypothetical resist on the highs, but it's hard to predict the reaction, because no one shorted from them this year, when they reach a level with many shortlimits and sell from it, then on the next time you put one limiters on the way to this level, another on the level, and the third one 10 ticks up. And the euro traded 2-3 contracts minimum to be in profit, took +10 closed a lot, reached the first resist, closed the second, drew a reversal - were removed completely

Ichor:
In the light of what you said above, I am once again convinced of the absurdity of TA in its classical sense.
Thank you.

Ichor:

Thank you, very interesting writing.

Ichor:
Thank you! Just don't write about tics again, they don't like them here ;)

IgorM:

I read your posts in the topic with interest, but the whole discussion was reduced to the fact that the price intraday will go in accordance with the interests of the big players - they will buy at the bottom and sell in parts when they move up, but okay

I am interested in the question - if market makers provide intraday trading, no matter where their profits, but intraday most currencies will make 3 figures, it seems to fit your narrative about the market, but what about long-term movements on history (trends), on the same TF D1 - market makers are not interested in moving the global currency - high probability of economic shifts or now the "crooked parity", why is the same growth of the Euro for the period from 10why the euras is growing till 10.01.2011 ? does the euro zone economy suddenly start to work with confidence ? any way, sooner or later, the euras will go down - and don`t tell me, it will go down anyway and it`s been going up and down for years ))))

Why global moves from a period of a few weeks to a few months? ;)

One person on the forum wrote:

Generally, the price of one currency against another is determined by the Central Bank, among other things. Take the eurodollar. The central bank has to keep the foreign trade balance close to zero in order not to be distorted. That is, imports = exports.

Let's say it is possible at the exchange rate of 1.4000. And then oil goes up. The cost of energy goes up. Europe imports them, so they have to buy more dollars. So the dollar goes up and the euro goes down.

Another example is speculative. Before the crisis the rate differential between GB and Japan was over 5%. If you take a leverage of 1:100, you could earn up to 500% per annum. I.e. buy the pound for 10% of funds and sell the yen. you get about 50% p.a. on swaps alone. But no one will sell us a large amount of pounds at once. and we can't sell a lot of yen quickly either. that's why we see an upward trend in this pair in 2-3 years.

There are a lot of such indicators. In general prices are driven only by money and nothing else.

trol222:

1.In general, the price of one currency against another is determined by the Central Bank, among others.
2.Another example is speculative.
3.There are many such indicators. In general, prices are moved only by money and nothing else.

1. if the central bank influences the exchange rate, then we must talk about a range of exchange rates within which the central bank can "turn a blind eye" and watch the speculators - they are also needed in today's economy as a regulator of supply and demand

2. this is a bad example, the example shows the investment sentiment - lowering rates can not force investors to invest money in the economy without a corresponding favorable economic outlook, but not speculation, as the rate can be either lowered or raised at any time, as well as the currency rate

3.nothing, prices are moved by people, but those who "pull the strings" of public sentiment are driving the herd to their side to devour the big players, and ruthlessly taking money from the small fish, imho

FION:
Market manipulation is done with words and then with money. Like Trichet - probably raise the interest rate, the whole crowd buys euros, the exchange rate goes up. And so on.

This is reality, no money can make the price go up if the crowd is "quiet". And here, a "shepherd" breaks the news and everyone runs around the clock, and the "tough guys" make money, so they "play" with the people to move the market, and to put 10-20 million or billions into a calm market, they feed it and the price does not move.

Hello!

I too am very interested in this area of market research. I started after the topic on Spider: H12 sanction on FX.

True, everything there goes into the concept of own time, but only OHLCV of the instrument in question is used.

Some questions that cannot be solved:

- how the price series image is constructed when using intrinsic time

- how the forces of buyers / sellers are divided.

Who thinks about it? Will the cycle repeat itself or not? The answer is in 5 months))