Where is the line between fitting and actual patterns? - page 5

I'm the only one making money :o))

I know the real statistics
Charming...

Gerasimm:

:o)... The expected laugh... But really, the statistics are cooler than a lot of other people. It's just the stereotypes imposed by the system that prevent many from getting out of the circle they walk in. It's a series of TA textbooks, where everything starts with moving averages... The question is why bother studying them if the whole direction with averaging data is rubbish. They show the present at best. I'm talking about ALL indicators embedded in MT :o). Except maybe a zigzag, which is like milk. And where to go? As we say in Deribasovskaya... That's what we do :o).

ALL TA indicators show the present (with a delay in event registration) by definition. If you don't know the meaning (definition) of INDICATOR and ANALYSIS - go to the dictionary. In order to be shown in one interpretation or another (indicator) and analysed (I won't tell you! - guess!), the event must occur. And the tool of analysis (indicator) only shows what is there. A thermometer, a speedometer, a caliper do not predict the future!

Only traders do! Buggahaha!)))

Fuck. Tired of homegrown philosophers from trading, who next to no understanding of what TA is and what it's for. That's it. Shut up, shut up. I've said enough in my time. And it is useless. They will confuse analysis and decision-making.

paukas 20.01.2011 11:28 am

Tell me plz, where did you get such statistics?

And this is a compilation. I taught at a TA academy for two years... Roughly 60 weeks for 10 - 15 people - about 700 people, of which I see only 20 people in a couple of years. I am the only one who earns :o))

The teacher. I see.

Uh-huh. And then we wonder where so many under-surveyed in the trade ...

Svinozavr:

A thermometer, a speedometer, a caliper do not predict the future!

The thermometer does not predict the future. I don't know about the caliper, it's a suspicious name.

Svinozavr:

By definition, ALL TA indicators show the present (with a delayed event registration). If you do not know the meaning (definition) of the concepts INDICATOR and ANALYSIS - go to the dictionary. In order to be shown in one interpretation or another (indicator) and analysed (I won't tell you! - guess!), the event must occur. And the tool of analysis (indicator) only shows what is there. A thermometer, a speedometer, a caliper do not predict the future!

Only traders do! Buggahaha!)))

Fuck. Tired of homegrown philosophers from trading, who next to no understanding of what TA is and what it's for. That's it. Shut up, shut up. I've said enough in my time. And it is useless. So they will confuse analysis and decision-making.

Teacher. I see.

Uh-huh. And then we wonder why there are so many under-examined in the trade...

The hidden meaning of these words remains a mystery to me.

paukas:
The thermometer is definitely not predictive. I don't know about the caliper, it's a suspicious name.
The heightened suspiciousness fits well with the image of a half-hearted man who even has reservations about another suspicious surname - Freud: so-and-so instead of such. :))

granit77:
Heightened suspicion fits well with the image of a half-hearted man who even has reservations by another suspicious surname - Freud: so-and-so instead of such. :))

Oh, my gosh! :)

In fact, the title of the thread could be paraphrased as follows:

How do you determine that a tucked-up TC will work profitably for some time?

paukas:
... In fact, the title of the topic could be rephrased as follows

How do you determine that the resulting TS will be profitable for some time?

I read the whole topic carefully, and nothing stuck. I did not know and do not know.

granit77:
I read the whole topic carefully, and nothing stuck. I didn't know, I don't know.

Nah - the pendulum's the real deal. :)

I read the same thing in a book. Larry Williams? I don't remember, anyway. :)

In fact, there are enough pipsqueak patterns for a comfortable existence, but as a rule it is not possible to test them on history, i.e. it is impossible to explain to a machine in the existing binary way what to look for. These regularities are of psychological origin only or the signs are simply not clear to the machine. In my opinion, wave analysis is the best invention for baiting the general public. That is, many birds are killed at once, the most fat of them - contemptible metal, and, of course, to let a man understand that he is a brain. I do not want to offend anyone, but Mr. Neely's institution has fallen into oblivion, and the patterns developed over decades and so on. Now the same thing is happening with the current system of calculation.This is the line when a well-tested strategy smoothly turns into a drawn-out set of signals...

Azzx:

Nah - the pendulum's the real deal. :)

I read the same in a book. Was it by Larry Williams? I do not remember, in general. :)

More than real, you're smiling for nothing, try it... And don't forget the filters, not necessarily from "the same line" - TA, NS and go... :-)))

Interesting information here, it's to the question "How to determine that a tweaked TC will work profitably for some time?" - https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/107064, in any case a "series of experiments" is necessary, more details - R. Pardo "Development, Testing and Optimization of Trading Systems for the Stock Trader".