[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 401

Dimka-novitsek:

No, I moved the semicolon inside the brackets.

'\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis C:\TradeFormat MF Trader 4\documentation/experts\älvin.mq4 (59, 1)

A closing parenthesis is missing, I've already pointed it out to you.

You open the bracket if(, and there is no closing

There are three closing parentheses just behind X. For three loops.

Everything seems to be grammatically correct there, right? There are 6 brackets inside the start, 8 in total, the brackets are perfectly balanced, which is why I'm addressing here.

Dimka-novitsek:
There are three closing parentheses right after X. For three loops.

it's not a brace, it's a round brace.

count again ATTENTION

if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol()&&OrderMagicNumber( )==1000{

FOUR open and THREE close parentheses

Thank you!!! Right!!! I'll look into it, I'll count the round ones.

Please advise me where I went wrong. I wrote a simple indicator:

ExtMapBuffer1[i] = iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_H4,6,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i); // Красная
ExtMapBuffer2[i] = iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,24,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);// Зелёная

I was expecting two similar lines on the chart, but I saw completely different ones:

vitali_yv:

I was expecting two similar lines on the chart, but I saw completely different ones:

Well, the data on your chart is H1, and you want to draw H4 on it, so it turns out that the red line is "quadrupled" relative to reality

ilunga:

Well, the data on your chart is H1, and you want to draw H4 on it, so it turns out that the red line is "squeezed" fourfold compared to reality

Perhaps, thank you.

vitali_yv:

ExtMapBuffer1[i] = iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_H4,6,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,iBarShift(NULL,PERIOD_H4,Time[i],false)); // Красная
ExtMapBuffer2[i] = iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,24,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);// Зелёная
Maybe that's how it works.

Wah, thank you, Temnyj !

Thank you, ilunga !