[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 128

missing.

are you sure five years of minutes are available?

eddy:

missing.

are you sure five years of minutes are available?

Yes, I downloaded through the terminal from MetaQuote. Checked again in the tester results trades start to open from 2005. Metatrader from NordFX. I was last connected to it on Friday. Changes in the test were drastic, the drawdown has increased twice and profit has decreased 1.5 times.

eddy:
Can you make it not void? You can make the function return 1 of the parameters, and simply assign the 2nd parameter

Sure.

This is generally one of the most common techniques in calculation programming, where it is often necessary to have multiple data output from a single procedure. For example, you can often find that for some algorithm, its results are output in parameters, and the value returned by the function itself corresponds to the status of the algorithm (e.g., it can indicate errors, etc.).

Example

The function performs an integer division of two numbers and returns the result in the third parameter. The return value of the function is 0 on normal completion and 1 on a division by zero error.

int Divide(int a, int b, int &result)
{
   if(b==0) return(1);
   result = a/b;
   return(0);
}

david2 ,maybe the number of available history bars is limited

eddy:
david2 ,maybe the number of available history bars is limited

No, it is not. The settings have 10000000 bars. The actual bars available during the testing period are 1655012. There should be 1870000 minutes in five years excluding Sundays and Saturdays.

Considering that some months are missing (e.g. May 2010), all is normal. But what does this have to do with it? I did not change any settings during the retest.

david2:
Tonight I optimised an EA on minutes with a test period of 5 years. Internet was not connected. In the morning after internet connection I repeated the test and got different results. Every time Metatrader is connected all quotes are updated or only the missing ones?
Probably changed the spread for the weekend.

Sergey_Rogozin:
Probably changed the weekend spread.

In the tester is the spread of the current day exposed ?

david2:

In the tester the spread of the current day is set?

The spread cannot be set directly.

Here you can find a little tool that can "fix" the spread when the computer is disconnected from the internet.

I think its name is MySpread.

Sergey_Rogozin:

The spread cannot be set directly.

Here you can find a little tool that can "fix" the spread when the computer is disconnected from the internet.

The name of the tool is MySpread, I think.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.