[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 78

valenok2003:
Thank you! If your brokerage company pays you will return with a minus value or vice versa?

The positive swap is credited to a trader's account - this is added to an open position (added to the profit). A negative swap is deducted from the trader's account (decreases the profit of the open order). Do you understand?

There are brokerage companies where, for example, Sell orders on Eurobucks have positive swaps and Buy orders have negative swaps. And at the same time another brokerage company may have negative swaps in both directions for the same instrument.

In general, as far as I noticed, if a brokerage company gives positive swaps for some instrument, it is always directed against a long-term trend. For example, the Eurobucks has been rising for years. I have seen a brokerage company that gives negative swap on longs for EURobucks and positive swap on shorts. Generally speaking, the trend of a trading instrument may change at any moment and brokerage companies may change both swap size and direction.

From experience I can say that when we catch a profit of an order, it is sometimes enough to request the profit itself and add the swap to it. If the result is positive or if it exceeds a predetermined amount or if it increases the deposit by X percent, we can do something with the order. For example, we may close all or only a part of it.

So I don't need to take the swap into account to calculate the breakeven point, because the swap is already priced in. Have I got that right? I'm going by this

Положительный своп начисляется на счёт трейдера - приплюсовывается к уже открытой позе (приплюсосвывается к профиту). Отрицательный своп списывается со счёта трейдера (уменьшает профит открытого ордера).

valenok2003:

So I don't need to take the swap into account to calculate the breakeven point, because the swap is already priced in. Have I got that right? I'm going by this

Yes, if the currency pair is 1 pip in profit within 24 hours, then if the swap is negative, you will probably have a negative order balance at that moment. Try it all on a demo.

Hi all. Can you advise me, I want to get a value from iBands and immediately bring it to the 5th digit when the function is called, but the value is only returned up to the 4th digit. where is the hitch?

NameLess:

Hi all. Can you advise me, I want to get a value from iBands and immediately bring it to the 5th digit when the function is called, but the value is only returned up to the 4th digit. where is the hitch?

And how do you bring it to the fifth digit?

drknn:

Yes, if the currency pair is 1 pip in profit after 24 hours, then with a negative swap you will probably have a negative order balance at that point. Try all this on a demo.

Many thanks for the advise. Thank you again.

drknn:

How do you get it to a fifth digit?

normal double.

Now the bottom line has only returned values up to the 3rd digit, it's crazy(

I ask all experts to take a look at https://forum.mql4.com/ru/38745#429784.

NameLess:

normal double.

What's in it? Do you think we're telepaths here? Or are you too lazy to give a detailed answer?

drknn:

And what is in it? Do you think we are telepaths here? Or you too lazy to give the answer?

point_low=NormalizeDouble(iBands(NULL,0,50,2,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_LOWER,0),Digits)

there)