[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 77

drknn:

And don't be confused by zeros in the numbers - create a script that cycles through the D1 candles of this trading instrument and calculates the average gap between the highs/lows of these candles over a period of three hundred days. Maybe, the instrument moves so nicely that spread = 100 and stop = 200 are no big deal. And at the same time, let's show the slit how many points (minimum) this trading tool makes per 1 tick. Maybe, it moves 50-100 points per tick and cannot move less.
Geez ! .... Vladimir, thanks for the tip...... Here's a blink of an eye......(((( Indeed, in one tick the passage is 50 pips. But these are conditional points ? For example, if the dollar index shows 77, 925 and GBPUSD = 1.6048, does the pair pass 1 point in one tick and the index pass 50 ?

volshebnik:
Shit ! .... Vladimir, thanks for the encouragement...... Here's a slip......(((( Indeed, in one tick the pass is 50 pips. But these are conditional points ? For example, if the dollar index shows 77, 925 and GBPUSD = 1.6048, does the pair pass 1 point in one tick and the index pass 50 ?

Yep, 50. What's the problem here? You will see many other wonders in Forex :)

I decided to scalp here :D on a demo, of course, to start with.

i have a problem: i close deals quickly when i am in red, when i am in surplus i wait for the growth, but it is almost never there and i get a pullback, so i get small profit.

i get a lot of small losses and a few small pluses for the same amount of money :D

what to do?)

eddy:

what to do?)

probably shorten your fingers ;) but seriously, the question is rhetorical and does not belong in this thread. at least start doing the same thing according to certain rules

Please tell me in what units the OrderSwap() function returns.

valenok2003:

In money, of course. https://docs.mql4.com/ru/trading/OrderSwap

There https://docs.mql4.com/ru/trading/OrderSwap unfortunately does not explicitly state that in money.

Am I correct in assuming that the swap accumulates and increases with each passing day?

Roman.:

there's a true strangia there. I'm high as a kite right now. Resting.
Testing TF = 30 minutes didn't go well either. Three tests held in plus profit, on the fourth - loss, despite pre-optimisation before each test. It was optimized over a period of 8 days. Tested for the same one as well.

valenok2003:

There https://docs.mql4.com/ru/trading/OrderSwap unfortunately does not explicitly state that in money.

Am I correct in assuming that the swap accumulates and increases with each passing day?

This follows from the definition of the term "Swap" itself. Swap is the payment for moving a position through the day. You are correct - there is a swap payout for each rollover. And the swap is not always paid by the trader to the broker. There are instruments where the brokerage companies pay swap to the trader. Refer to your brokerage company's swap tables.

Thank you! If the DC pays will the value come back with a minus or vice versa?