Stops - page 22

Hello! Hello! Well, hello, so to speak!

Topeka starters, hello to you too.

Let's talk about the topic in a clear and useful way when?

Greetings, Topekstarter, the dreaded and terrifying Lord of Stops!

Demos, hungry for bread and blood, humbly awaits another bone from you.

It's been over a fucking month, for fuck's sake...

Aha! And also the creator and manager of the context!(Scary and Terrible Context Affair! - That's how the moderators see you... Hee-hee :)

Good Piglet!

Come here!

Nature is listening to Pig...

;)

Noticed a curious thing. Optimized stops (and takes, but we are not talking about them), starting from 10 to 50 in steps of 10, reversal by TP or the opposite signal. Then the second time with more parameters, with stops from 10 to 80, and for a longer time frame (1st time - period of one year, 2nd time - 2 years).

So, if you open and close using only the signal of the indicator (like MACD, crossing of zero line, but the indicator is different, of course) the profitability grows together with reduction of a stop, i.e. 10-20-30 pips of a stop give the greatest profit, 50 being already a failure.

BUT! If we add a 3-4 day SMA as a filter and open only in its direction, then the picture comes out exactly the opposite! A minimum profit (or even a loss) is obtained at a stop of 10 pips, the maximum profit is 50 (or 60-70-80 at the second optimization).

So, the conclusion is: it turns out that when trading according to the "always in market" principle it is more profitable to minimize a stop, while trading with a filter, "only on the trend", a small stop leads to unnecessary outflows due to volatility. I will dig a little in this direction. The first two screens show the best results of both optimizations with the filter, sorted by maximum profitability. As you can see long stops have occupied the entire pedestal :) The third screen is the same EA but without filtering. Everything is reversed.

Sorento:

Aha! And also the creator and manager of the context!(Scary and Terrible Context Affair! - That's how the moderators see you... Hee-hee :)

Good Piglet!

Come on!

Nature is listening to Sweeney...

;)

(wiping his eyes) Hello...

Hee... No! - Ha!!! ))) // fiercely

What's wrong with you... Or is it. It's just that there's a chance to say it. Glad I could help.

Stopping ruthlessly is not the only way out of a position. There are position cuts by levels - partial stops.

I agree, it's very difficult to discuss this specifics outside of a specific strategy. But.

General things can probably be discussed.

Alas - I have not noticed in the branch any sensible (and I need it! right now!)) logic of position reduction. So, very figurative, very expressive... About nothing...

The main question (who has encountered it - share!): close immediately and roll over (1); just close (2); shorten (3).

Where, what are the conditions for the options?

Respectfully awaiting your opinions.

Svinozavr:

Main question (who has experienced it - share!): Close immediately and roll over (1); just close (2); shorten (3).

4. To add.

paukas:
4. Add.

No. It's not here. "Adding" on the topic "Stops" - how? Or rather, what? - I don't want to say... martingale?

No!!! Forget it! Or at least pretend you didn't read it! Please...))

Svinozavr:

Main question (who has faced it - share!): close immediately and roll over (1); just close (2); reduce (3).

Where, what are the conditions for the options?

I respectfully await your opinions.

It is difficult to look for a black cat in a dark room, especially if it is not there (c) Confucius

Don't look for ready-made recipes where there is no stability. Not to mention the fact that no one here has telepathic abilities to read your thoughts from a distance and find out for what particular TS the question is asked. Open a tester in the terminal and try the above options for a specific TS and a specific FI. At least you can identify and discard options that are obviously unsuitable for this particular TS - cross out the unnecessary ones. You will get more information, rather than from idle questions on forums, where the most often prevails nonsense, rather than the verified facts.

Reshetov:

It's hard to look for a black cat in a dark room, especially if it's not there (c) Confucius

Don't look for ready-made recipes where stability is lacking. Not to mention the fact that no one here has telepathic abilities, so as to read your thoughts from a distance and find out for what TC question is asked. Open a tester in the terminal and try the above options for a specific TS and a specific FI. At least you can identify and discard the obviously unsuitable for this particular TS - cross out the unnecessary options. You will get more information, rather than from idle questions on forums, where the most often prevails nonsense, rather than the verified facts.

It's not a boy's speech, but... not a girl's.

(Chuckles) Thank you. Very much appreciated.

===

Yep (that's me bitching), a stop is the kind of thing that, by virtue of fantasies and devoured psilocybe, takes content before it takes form. Ugh.

Reshetov! Did I say something about prescriptions, eh?

Clearly, there is and can be no common prescription. And the Volga is going senile. And the moon is chomping at the bit on critical days. What's next? "Friends, let's all die..."

It's about the general principles of MM here. Or rather, RM.

People have CONCRETE strategies, and in them - there is a specific RM. Yes - everyone has a different one. But that in no way implies the absence of the presence of the common, reasonable, eternal, good. (Oh, come on.)

Reshetov! Confess! This post was one of your Stops?))

Svinozavr:

No. That's not it here. "Adding" on the topic of "stops" is how? Or rather, what? - Scary and I don't want to pronounce it... martingale?

No!!! Forget it! Or at least pretend you didn't read it! Please...))

Well, it's simple then.

Any operation should ideally match the strength of the signal.

To close a buy 1 lot you need a sell signal of strength 1

To reverse a buy, you need a sell signal of strength 2

To close half - a signal strength of 0.5