Counter positions: self-deception or subtle tool? - page 11

Swetten:

It's not about the window side, it's about netting versus locks.
It has already been said here that netting and lock are the same in terms of results. Except for the spreads. For that reason, there is no "against". Another thing is that some people can't realise it...

Andrei01:
You don't get it, can't you see that these are completely different strategies that can be used independently in locks, and only one of them is possible in netting?

ok, you can stick to your opinion :)

HideYourRichess:
It's already been said here that netting and lock are the same in terms of results. Except for the spreads. Therefore, there is no "against".

Yeah. And if you combine TC #1 and TC #2 in netting, what do you get?

3 entries into the sell and 500 pips profit? Against 1698?

Mischek:

I still love you...

No, really, you can't do that. Cruel, you're destroying my Swetten image. You're not lazy, take a notebook, a pencil, a calculator and do the math in silence.

I don't need to be so mentally wounded in the morning. "Counter positions: self-deception or subtle tool? " by Swetten . Just a knee to the batteries .

Hard in the training, easy in the fight! :)

Here, learning, sorting out, trying to comprehend.

P.S. I'm just now putting two TCs into one netting.

I would like to understand in general terms, so to speak, what foreign netting supporters are talking about. :)

Avals:

ok, you can keep your opinion :)

what does this have to do with my opinion? just pure logic. :)

Do you really believe that using only strategy 2 you can make the same profit as using both strategies at the same time in the same situation?

Andrei01:

what does this have to do with my opinion? just pure logic. :)

Do you really believe that using only strategy 2 you can make the same profit as using both strategies at the same time in the same situation?

I don't believe it, I know it. Arithmetic - you can't argue with it :)

Swetten:

Hard in the learning, easy in the fighting! :)

Here we are, learning, figuring it out, trying to realise it.

Exactly: you can't cram what you can't cram and you can't drive into what you can't drive :) It's not about you personally, it's about arguing over nothing in this thread! (IMHO) There was a work by Mr. Griboyedov. It's called "Woe from Wit"...

Swetten:

Yep. And if you combine TS #1 and TS #2 in netting, what do you get?

3 entries into the sell and 500 pips profit? Against 1698?

You have already been calculated here, why ask the question again? If you don't believe other people's calculations, do it yourself.

Avals:

I don't believe it, I know it. Arithmetic - you can't argue with it :)
Is your arithmetic that 20pp profit is the same as 40pp? :)

The light blue line is long and the red line is short.

Suppose I decide to open buy and sell at the price of the white line, and close these positions on the corresponding light blue line and red line.

The calculation for non-netting will be as follows, I record one line operations, operations with one lot, spread 0.0002:

buy 1.289, sell 1.289.

close buy 1.2908, profit taking 1.2908-1.289-0.0002=0.0016

close sell 1.2856, profit fixation 1.289-1.2856-0.0002=0.0032

Final profit 0.0016+0.0032=0.0048 points

Calculation for the netting will be as follows, one-step operations are written in one line, operations with one lot, spread is 0.0002:

buy 1.289, sell 1.289, profit taking 1.289-1.289-0.0002=-0.0002

sell 1.2908

buy 1.2856 profit fixation 1.2908-1.2856-0.0002=0.005

Total profit (-0.0002)+0.005=0.0048 points, as shown by the blue dashed line.

As we can see, the financial result is the same.

If different strategies with different target horizons are used simultaneously, counter positions will inevitably occur. However they will not appear to freeze equity as in the case of lockup in order not to poop. On netting there are no counter positions, there is one aggregate position.

It is quite another matter that some trading systems running on the netting platform have to calculate the statistics the old-fashioned way. But the financial result is the same either way.