Correct calculation of the lot from the % of the deposit - page 9

_new-rena:

i mean is it even possible to get a condition through SL and TP where the final equation is greater than zero ?

i mean from stop levels to get a lot ?

and how can this be obtained ? it's one thing to succeed - unsuccessful and quite another to multiply it by how much...

keekkenen:

I mean from stop levels to get a lot ?

and how do you get that ? it's one thing to succeed - unsuccessful and quite another thing to multiply it...

TP needs to be tied to volume

_new-rena:

TP needs to be linked to volume

it's not clear...

When you need to calculate a lot, everything is clear - the available funds are determined, there is a stop size and then there is pure mathematics - we get the lot size...

Stop clearly affects the lot size, and TP has nothing to do with it, it should be determined for some other reason...

Correct calculation of the lot from the % of the deposit - I use it myself - no questions asked.

Roman.:

Correct calculation of the lot from % of the deposit - I use it myself - no questions asked.

the code there is almost correct, wrong

if(Lot<Min_Lot) Lot=Min_Lot; this should not be the case - if (Lot<Min_Lot) Lot=0; )

Well... What are we talking about.... What's the right calculation there?

Good luck with that.

_new-rena:

Well... What are we talking about.... What is the right calculation?

Good Luck!

the problem is: there's so much money and we want a stop and a lot - that's how it counts...

What do you think is wrong?

keekkenen:

the task: there is so much money and we want such a stop, what will be the lot - it counts it there...

What do you think is wrong about it?

Yes, this is a fundamentally wrong approach - to calculate based on minus. What kind of trader's principle is that?

First you need to change the reference point, and then start counting something.

I still stand by my question - we need a relationship between lot size and TR !!!

_new-rena:

It is a fundamentally flawed approach to calculate on a negative basis. What kind of principle is that of a trader?

First you need to change the reference point, and then start calculating something.

I still stand by my question - we need a relation between the lot size and TR!

This is a fundamentally wrong approach - very funny.

Imagine that you are trading on the exchange without leverage :), we trade shares for 100 quid, minlot 100 shares,

now answer the simple questions:

1. How much money do you need to open a position of 100 shares?

2. how much money do you need to sit on a 10 pips loss in this open position?

keekkenen:

this is a fundamentally flawed approach - very funny...

Imagine that you trade on the stock exchange without leverage :), we trade shares at 100 quid, the minlot is 100 shares,

Now answer the simple questions:

1. how much money do you need to open a position of 100 shares ?

2. how much money do i need to sit on a 10 pips loss in this open position?

I think of the profits first before I measure the losses, otherwise what's the point?