I can't decide... - page 11

zhuki: I do not participate. I believe that someone who teaches or trains does not trade because he cannot. He is a theorist and an expert on selling. It is better to listen to people; at least they write from the heart.
You can also invite other traders. Nobody will become stupider from this.

Vladimir, you, like any trader who wants to be on the positive side of the balance, just need to learn MQL, no matter how hard it seems to you. Regardless of whether you are going to trade hands or automatons, the only adequate way to check the performance of your strategy is to write an automaton and run it on history.

Programming is not the knowledge of a particular technology (C, C++, MQL4, MQL5, etc.). Programming is a way of thinking. Only by acquiring this specific way of thinking will you be able to use these technologies without being hostage to one of them. Strange as it may seem, I wouldn't start with studying an MQL4 textbook, albeit a very good one, but a utilitarian one. Better start with a good book on C programming. For example, I started with Alexander Krupnik's book "Let's Learn C", which is actually a book of 150-170 pages, size A5. However, after reading only one of it you will start to understand C, MQL4 and system thinking in general. Then you can start studying the book "Learn C++" by the same author. After that you will be able to "fly" to MQL5 (by this time, the transition from one language to another will be insignificant for you). In addition, these two books will open your way to professional and really cool things like C#. After reading only two books you will be able to read entire books marked as "for professionals". The strength of these books is not in their thickness, but in the fact that they teach a specific programmer's way of thinking. As far as I know these books are available for downloading right on the site of Peter Publishing House.

Do you need them? You can do without knowledge of programming in the case if you are not only very successful, but also a very rich trader, who can support a small staff of serving programmers (like Larry Williams for example). In other cases, do not even hope that ignorance will do the trick. It will not. MQL is just a research tool. The fourth version is extremely primitive and archaic, the fifth is better. The point is that it is far from being the worst version, and for us it is the only one of its kind, so we do not have to choose. When you will have an opportunity to switch to a more advanced tool like MQL6 you will easily do it, because you will possess the values of programming - systematic thinking, basic concepts, etc. So go for the knowledge! I am even willing to help you with some conceptual questions, so please contact me if you need help.

Even the longest road starts with the first step. (Japanese wisdom).

As part of the theme, I can't help but propose a simple problem to be solved in the metaeditor. We will find out if it is a way of thinking or knowledge. IMHO, it is a way of thinking.

Task:

Fill in the table with dimension dim n(a,b) in the spiral from the upper left corner clockwise to the centre in the smartest, shortest and most universal way. The methods and techniques of drawing are irrelevant, the main thing is the calculation.

Example: 4 times 3

1 2 3 4

10 11 12 5

9 8 7 6

there should only be two external variables, a and b.

P. S. I'm not posting my version of the code right now, for obvious reasons, but I promise to post it later.

C-4:

Your ability to be clear and concise has always impressed me.

Thank you for the advice.

Mezon:

I've tried it and it's the same, I don't understand anything. I can't find a book for beginners...

Download this.

basic programming for dummies

sever30:

I don't know a thing about programming, I've never dealt with it before, I have a liberal arts education. I'm afraid to lose time studying MCL. And I'm scared to get into this stuff, but I really want to learn how to implement my own ideas, and when I open some code, I get scared. It's like a phobia of hieroglyphics... I think I can do everything, but not MKL.

Will I be able to master the language? I was stopped half a year ago by one engineer who said that if you've never worked with this, then it's better not to try, he said, you'll get a hard time.

What do you think? What would you advise? What to do?

I advise, with a liberal arts education, you should first learn Russian. The word "flattery" is spelled with a "z" and "half a year" is spelt with an inflection.

Sincerely, Eugene

l-evgene, I recommend that you cool down a bit. Although I do not have a humanities degree, my Russian is excellent. Every day I see hundreds of mistakes in posts. The desire to publicly correct others disappeared a long time ago. If you really wanted to, you could do it in private.

The main thing is that you have understood everything, despite your mistakes.

Mathemat:

l-evgene, I recommend you to cool down a bit. Although I do not have a humanities degree, my Russian is excellent. Every day I see hundreds of mistakes in my posts. The desire to publicly correct others has long ago disappeared. If you really wanted to, you could do it in private.

The main thing is that you have understood everything, despite your mistakes.

Accepted.

Sincerely, Eugene.

Oh-ho-ho... What kind of people are we, 4:00 in the morning...

Ojaiyo, Alexei. ))) Lesh, is there any sakura trees in the park you know in South Moscow?)))

grell:

As part of the theme, I can't help but propose a simple problem to be solved in the metaeditor. We will find out if it is a way of thinking or knowledge. IMHO, it is a way of thinking.

Task:

Fill in the table of dimension dim n(a,b) in the spiral from the upper left corner clockwise to the centre in the smartest, shortest and most universal way. The methods and techniques of drawing are irrelevant, the main thing is the calculation.

Example: 4 times 3

1 2 3 4

10 11 12 5

9 8 7 6

there should only be two external variables, a and b.

P. S. I'm not posting my version of the code right now, for obvious reasons, but I promise to post it later.

I don't quite understand what external variables are and, unfortunately, MKueL cannot dynamically change the dimension of a two-dimensional array, but here's my solution, albeit not a very elegant one:

int a=4;
int b=3;
int start()
{
int mas[4][3];
int x,y,z,zz,num,aa,bb;
aa=a;bb=b;
while(zz<aa)
   {               
   for(x=z;x<aa;x++){mas[x][y]=num;num++;}
   x--;y++;
   if(y>=bb)break;
   for(;y<bb;y++){mas[x][y]=num;num++;}
   y--;
   for(x--;x>=z;x--){mas[x][y]=num;num++;}
   x++; 
   for(y--;y>z;y--){mas[x][y]=num;num++;}
   y++;
   aa--;
   bb--;
   z++;
   zz++;
   }
for(y=0;y<b;y++)
   {
   string str="";
   for(x=0;x<a;x++)
   str =str+mas[x][y]+" ";  
   Print(str);
   }
return(0);
}
a and b must be changed in sync with the change in the array dimension.