I can't decide... - page 7

Richie:

1. I thought they studied programming in schools. When I was a student, they studied BASIC, then they studied Turbo Pascal. You don't have to start with programming. 2. First of all, you have to work out your strategy, that is what you have to concentrate on. If you do not have a strategy, no programming, MM, no amount of deposit will help you. So, start with the strategy.

3. one more thing: if the strategy can only be checked by programming and is difficult (or impossible) to check manually, then this is a bad strategy. 4. Note, many famous traders understand nothing about programming either.

1. In those days the computer was only in the director's office...

2. Thanks for the tip, but I am not short of them.

Interesting conclusion. I always thought that the opposite is true.

4. There is an opinion that the fame of a trader does not always mean his success in trading.

sever30:

1. In those days there was only a computer in the headmaster's office...

2. Thanks for the advice, but I have no shortage of them.

3. Interesting conclusion, I always thought the opposite.

4. There is an opinion that the fame of a trader does not always mean his success in trading.

As soon as you learn to quickly test the strategy with the mastered MQL4.5, you will start experiencing this disadvantage. As the apparent profitability of a strategy on a small interval when tested manually will turn out to be a loss on a decent interval when tested automatically.

Richie! You, if I'm not mistaken, have something to do with psychology, don't you?

Taki I'll tell you: at one time I switched exclusively to AMTS only because I categorically could not play with my hands. No matter how great my strategy was - emotions, attachments to open positions, over-sitting, greed, etc. (well, you know it as well as I do as a psychologist) ruined everything. Now, of course, I do not care how to play, but such a problem objectively exists in many.

So on p.3 I agree with subjmaker. )))

Richie: Народ, вопросы готовите? "Конференция" завтра в 19.00.

Well, there's only one question... And that's rhetorical.

Svinozavr: Richie! You are, if I'm not mistaken.....

That's right. Example of bad strategies are martingale, pips, etc, that's what was meant. Although even that is questionable when working on automatic. I personally have dealt with my emotions without any problems. I trade only manually. My only problem is very low fill rate, my signal appears once or twice a week. But I rely on quality rather than quantity, I understand that I deserve only a "oglock" from the "market", and for more I still have a lot to learn.

sever30:

I don't know a thing about programming, I've never dealt with it before, I have a liberal arts education. I'm afraid to lose time studying MCL. And I'm scared to get into this stuff, but I really want to learn how to implement my own ideas, and when I open some code, I get scared. It's like a phobia of hieroglyphics... I think I can do everything, but not MKL.

Will I be able to master the language? I was stopped half a year ago by one engineer who said that if you've never faced with this, then it's better not to try, he said, you'll suffer.

What do you think? What would you advise? What to do?

If they are positive enough, you may be able to team up with some programmer, and parallel in your spare time in any case, you should start to learn programming theory to understand the basic design of the language and have a common language with the programmer.

If the results are not positive enough to interest someone at least, then nothing to do - you need to start learning programming in practice, in the hope that it will improve brains for more successful trading. :)

By the way, which of you keeps a trader's diary? "Who keeps a trader's grid (according to Elder)? The answer is almost nobody.

I quote: "The psychological effects of childhood can prevent you from succeeding in the market. In order to change, you must discover your weakness. Keep a diary, write down the reasons why you entered and left the market in each trade. Look for recurring circumstances of success and failure." A. Elder.

There is another big advantage of being able to code: you have a better understanding of what can be done unconditionally and what is only conditional, like a fuzzy concept. This will definitely help when drafting a ToR for a potential coder.

P.S. Yeah, Peter, I don't do it by hand either. Inputs in general are often very good, but my own greed and impatience kills. No, I want a bot, let it trade, it's ironclad.

Richie:

By the way, which of you keeps a trader's diary? "Who keeps a trader's grid (according to Elder)? The answer is almost nobody.

I quote: "The psychological effects of childhood can prevent you from succeeding in the market. In order to change, you must discover your weakness. Keep a diary, write down the reasons why you entered and left the market in each trade. Look for recurring circumstances of success and failure." A. Elder.

In the furnace and the diary and Elder and Gerchikov shmerchikov, Sergey, forget about the idols finally, there is much more useful on the site

denis_orlov:

sever30 and everyone else with similar doubts!

Stop reading this flub and get busy!

that's all.

==+++