How to call other calculations into Metatrader

Hi: Seeing if anyone can guide me the basics of calling calculations into Metatrader. 

I will have mouse events be used as inputs into a spreadsheet that will do some calculations. Then the outputs will display on the chart. 

Does the main calculation program have to be a specific language, e.g. could an Excel Spreadsheet be used, or Java etc. 

Thank you for your guidance and help!

LINE123: Hi: Seeing if anyone can guide me the basics of calling calculations into Metatrader. I will have mouse events be used as inputs into a spreadsheet that will do some calculations. Then the outputs will display on the chart. Does the main calculation program have to be a specific language, e.g. could an Excel Spreadsheet be used, or Java etc. Thank you for your guidance and help!

These are the coding avenues available to you for creating your solution:

• Programming code for MetaTrader, for Indicators, Scripts, Expert Advisors and Services has to be coded in the MQL language (similar to C/C++).
  • MetaTrader also allow extending the functionality by use of DLLs, for example to access Windows API or any custom DLL libraries.
  • MetaTrader 5 also offers an integration API for accessing some data and trading functionality via Python.
  •  
    LINE123: Does the main calculation program have to be a specific language, e.g. could an Excel Spreadsheet be used, or Java etc.

Your “main calculation” can be anything.
         How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
              The XY Problem

Your real problem is getting the results into the terminal.

You could use a spreadsheet, save the results in a CSV file, then write MQL code to read it.

Fernando Carreiro #:

These are the coding avenues available to you for creating your solution:

• Programming code for MetaTrader, for Indicators, Scripts, Expert Advisors and Services has to be coded in the MQL language (similar to C/C++).
  • MetaTrader also allow extending the functionality by use of DLLs, for example to access Windows API or any custom DLL libraries.
  • MetaTrader 5 also offers an integration API for accessing some data and trading functionality via Python.
  • Thank you!

William Roeder #:

Your “main calculation” can be anything.
         How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
              The XY Problem

Your real problem is getting the results into the terminal.

You could use a spreadsheet, save the results in a CSV file, then write MQL code to read it.

Thank you for the reply.