EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 2) - page 374

strangerr:

This is not roulette or an extreme sport, if there is excitement or adrenaline rush when making trades, it is not good.

I wait for a 30 pips pullback and then buy in.

Unless you buy 0.1 lot at a time, you may need more than 30 pips for "averaging". Averaging should be done from strong levels or in 100 points. IMHO

Fibo:

Unless you buy 0.1 lot at a time, you may not have enough dept for "averaging" in 30 pips. You should average from strong levels or after 100 points. IMHO
The averaging is not the right word, the averaging is done when one wants to cover a losing deal with a new one. If you enter in half of the deposit, it will not be enough even in 1000 points.

Personal observation - the market is not going where most expect it to go. Yesterday morning all the pundits were saying that we would go up all week - the euro went down. As soon as the majority decided today that they had already turned south - the euro jumped. Predictable behaviour - the price is attracted to stops =) Well, if there is no consensus - you can flip a coin =)

wmlab:
Personal observation - the market is not going where most expect it to go. Yesterday morning all the pundits were saying that we would go up all week - the euro went down. As soon as the majority decided today that they had already turned south - the euro jumped. Predictable behaviour - the price is attracted to stops =) Well, if there is no consensus - you can flip a coin =)
It will go up.

strangerr:
It will go up.
I wondered all day yesterday (sitting in a slump). The dollar weakened against all currencies except the yen and the euro against the dollar crept steadily down =)

wmlab:
:) +100

Gip, it's definitely yours:)))

strangerr:
This is not the word "averaging". The averaging is used when one wants to cover a losing deal with a new one. And if you enter at half deposit it will not be enough even after 1000 pips.

Now, for example, you see the market going up, don't you? The rate is 1.2680. God forbid, some shit news will come out and the market will (almost impossible) go to 1.25. Does that mean 6 positions to open?

correctly, you can call it taking advantage of the opportunity presented by the market to open a position at a better price, but whatever you call it, it's actually averaging. All I am saying is that it is dangerous to do it every 30 pips.

where do we crawl to tonight? Playing the whole depot

Shlendr:

where do we crawl to tonight? Playing the whole depot

Dangerous games. I wouldn't advise it. Except that I recommend you not to do so, it won't end well - Uncle Kolya will definitely come to visit.