A suggestion to the administration - page 44

Vinin:

No one is going to ban him. You're welcome.
He broke the rules! You wrote it yourself. Checking the first aid kit and the handbrake is a sacred thing. :)

In general, this whole moderator thing reminds me of pioneer counselors.

We were living happily ever after, when suddenly a lady in a red tie came and said that your class should appoint a counselor to the 1C class.

Everyone said "Svetka" and pointed their fingers at the neat girl in the middle of the class, who had five people trying to copy their homework.

And now Svetka will not only do the homework for the class, but also to mess with the first-graders in after-school care.

The situation is different in that in our case, a lady in a tie was called by forum users themselves, repeatedly uttering statements about the need to limit a particularly brazen.

Frankly, if I had been offered to moderate, I would have said "I don't need it,

or as they say in Odessa "and what do I get out of it?"

Urain:

Skype on

Atic: Checking the first aid kit and the handbrake is a sacred thing. :)

Atic, I'm sorry, but that's a lot of trolling. Don't you think you're accusing the moderators of doing exactly what you do?

P.S. I have no desire to fight the windmills set up in someone else's head.

Mathemat:

Atic, I'm sorry, but that's a lot of trolling. Don't you think you're accusing the moderators of doing exactly what you do?

P.S. I have no desire to fight the windmills set up in someone else's head.
I'm not accusing anyone. Nor am I dabbling in trolling. I'm just agreeing with others after having made my point before. Everyone has said there are no rules here. Again, I've already said I'm not asking or demanding anything.

Atic:
I'm not accusing anyone. I don't dabble in trolling either. I'm just agreeing with others, after having made my point before. Everyone said there are no rules here. Again, I've already said I'm not asking or demanding anything.

I agree with Matemat. Expressing your point of view is one thing, provoking others is quite another.

The publicity proposal is, what, under consideration or on the table/voting?

Mine's in favour, if anything. It would just be more convenient that way.

========================================
goldtrader:

So a trader can't be a moderator and a moderator a trader? :)

Also a trader can't be a fisherman, mushroom hunter, hiker, chess player ... ?

How sad...

It's funny. I am reminded of a playwright who was famous in so many theatres around the country. He worked all his life as a locksmith. Plays based on his scripts were staged all over the country, they even invited him to Moscow, but he didn't want to, so he stayed in Siberia, working and writing...

Atic: Everyone has said there are no rules here.

Who was "everyone", Atic?

Once again, especially for you: moderation is not an easy burden, requiring adequate assessment of the situation not only in a personal sense, but also in public. Not everything has been done in the sense of putting the "legal framework" in place, but we are working on it.

If you think that moderating is a fun activity like checking handguns and first-aid kits, you are sorely mistaken. Such "jokers" get kicked out of moderators very quickly, as they don't pass the test of being able to use power, however small.

I suggest you don't stir up any fears about invented hypothetical threats to the forum, but just wait a while until things settle down.

The moderators will do their best to avoid the forum descending to the level of an old-timers' get-together.

Vinin:
I agree with Matemat. Making a point is one thing, but provoking others is quite another.

Come on, what are we small :)) Clearly, people are having fun asking for reprisals. It's so much fun to annoy a moderator, get banned and then shout at the whole forum about injustice and stifled freedom. There have been practically no violations on the forum for a couple of days of moderation at all, but this thread is full of gloomy vibes.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has independently addressed the minor infractions noticed by the moderators.

Vinin:

.... Although you have broken the rules of the forum more than once with your posts, no one has deleted your messages. Strange as it may seem.

That's what I'm talking about. You're the moderator, saying I broke the rules (am I the one ?!).

WHERE ?!

Even you, Vinin, are setting an example of "moderator grandeur" syndrome. Like, "I can nail you, but you can walk free (on the forum) for now, if I want you to". Vinin, I'm not afraid of bans on this or any other forum. So, Tiny Liar, why don't you show me where I broke the rules of this forum that were in effect at that time and did something that other forum users didn't do.