Anti-Martingale vs Martingale : Good prevails!!! - page 6

MetaDriver >>:

I'm slowly figuring out why there is a difference in Martin's and Anti-martin's charts with positive mo
At first glance it seemed they should be similar, because what is the difference after what event, for example, to double the next lot, after a loss, after winning, every fifth order or after a bird flies over the window?
I'll have to give it a spin tomorrow.
this is a handy tool

kharko >>:

Голый Мартингейл... Стратегия отсутствует...

Hard to believe... Where does this come from, then:

Average continuous gain3Continuous loss2

Lucky? Or did you ride the trend?
// That's just it!

rumata1984 >>:

Математическое ожидание и вероятность - это как бы... совсем разные вещи... )

Learn to check controversial information before you write:

The mathematical expectation is a measure of the mean value of a random variable in probability theory.
indeed, probability and expectation are not the same, the former is a power series and the expectation is a linear series

Mischek >>:
Что то я медленно догоняю, откуда разница в графиках мартина и антимартина при положительном мо
Навскидку казалось они должны быть похожи, ибо какая разница после какого события например удваивать следующий лот, после проигрыша, после выигрыша, каждый пятый ордер или после пролета птицы за окном
надо завтра покрутить
удобная прога получилась

Yes. And practical as it turns out. Really need to finalise the stats and stick them in the codebase.

About the martin/antimartin. The symmetry is different there. If we set the expectation less than 0.5, we will see a mirror image. Try it.

// I'm playing with pleasure myself... It's fun.

IgorM >>:

научись прежде чем писать проверять спорную инфу:

действительно вероятность и матожидание не одно и то же, первое считается с степенном ряду, а матожидание в линейном

How is my information controversial? )

MetaDriver >>:

Да. И практичная как выяснилось. Надо действительно дописать статистику и в кодебейз засунуть.

Насчёт мартина/антимартина. Там симметрия получается другая. Если поставить матожидание меньше 0.5, то увидим зеркальную картинку. Пробуй.

// Чёт я сам с удовольствием играюсь.. Прикольно.

I got that already.
And about my question too, with anti martin, with positive mo, we just multiply more often than with martin and the higher the mo, the more often . That's how it should be.

MetaDriver >>:

Да. И практичная как выяснилось. Надо действительно дописать статистику и в кодебейз засунуть.

Насчёт мартина/антимартина. Там симметрия получается другая. Если поставить матожидание меньше 0.5, то увидим зеркальную картинку. Пробуй.

// Чёт я сам с удовольствием играюсь.. Прикольно.

It is suspected that anti-martin and martin with the same mathematical expectation give on average the same results, as it should. If you run it a hundred times, it is on average the same. But at the same time the results of two adjacent measurements can differ very much. And this is correct. A random number generator, after all.

rumata1984 >>:

Есть подозрение, что анти-мартин и мартин при одинаковом мат. ожидании дают в среднем одинаковые результаты, как это и должно быть. Если раз сто прогнать - будет в среднем одно и то же. Но в тоже время результаты двух соседних измерений могут отличаться очень сильно. И это правильно. Генератор случайных чисел все-таки.

That's just it, no. The same results on average (with a large number of trials!) will only be the same with MO==0.5.

In other cases the results are really different.

rumata1984 >>:

Есть подозрение, что анти-мартин и мартин при одинаковом мат. ожидании дают в среднем одинаковые результаты, как это и должно быть. Если раз сто прогнать - будет в среднем одно и то же. Но в тоже время результаты двух соседних измерений могут отличаться очень сильно. И это правильно. Генератор случайных чисел все-таки.

And by the way, the greater the mathematical expectation, the statistically closer the Martin and Anti-Martin results will be. The limit of this ratio, of course, is with expectation = 1, then the Martin and Anti-Martin results will, of course, be identical.

Mischek >>:
при положительном мо, мы просто чаще умножаемся чем при мартине и чем выше мо, тем чаще . Так и должно быть

Uh-huh. That's right.