Average advisor cost - page 9

xeon:

According to your logic, for a loss-making EA, the programmer should pay the customer extra? :-))

Completely WRONG. :)

If the Expert Advisor is written to order, then it is a WORK for the programmer, and its cost is determined only by its complexity (volume) and those factors that were identified by the programmer (the living standard in the region, etc.). The programmer is not responsible for the result (profitability of the EA), his task is to implement in the code the Customer Requirements. Customer thus assumes the commercial risks (possible lack of profitability), but in this case, if the output will be the Grail, he is free to dispose of it at his discretion, including to sell it for the price they consider adequate. This is the usual relationship between a businessman and an employee.

If the programmer himself is the generator of the idiom, he will be the owner of the Grail. There may be intermediate variants, when the programmer has the rights to the final product. In any case, I believe that the price of such an EA will depend more on its performance than on the labor costs. Actually we are not talking about anything imho. :)

goldtrader:

TOTALLY WRONG. :)

Ottoj... :-))

And as for ordering a programmer to create an Expert Advisor (strategy) with certain profitability / loss parameters - this is utopia. :-))

xeon:

And as for ordering an EA (strategy) with certain profitability / loss parameters to a programmer - this is utopia. :-))

I haven't written about such a thing. I was talking about the implementation of the TOR:

Goldtrader:

The programmer is not responsible for the result (profitability of the Expert Advisor), his task is to implement in the code the customer TOR.

xeon:

And as for ordering an EA (strategy) with certain profitability / loss parameters to a programmer - this is utopia. :-))

Haven't you ever encountered such a request? ))

There is a saying...

There are two fools in the market, one to sell and one to buy

--

If the average price for a code is $1,000... I'm not going to lower the price.

I'll sell the code for the minimum that will provide an adequate number of customers and compensate for the support effort

--

you need to distinguish between one-off orders and sales in bulk!

if a person orders a custom development, the price is of course higher because usually such things do not go into circulation

and - both because of individuality of development, read - (others cannot use it due to misunderstanding of trade strategy)

and also because the customer demands confidentiality...

write a one-time order a day or two - then refine it and sell it for $ 100 maybe possible - but this is foolish of the performer

--

It's better to sell 20 copies for $100 than one copy for $500 or even $1000

the sale must be economically feasible

---

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T VALUE THEIR LABOR:

not reasonable = run like a yard dog for every order for $ 5 - $ 20, there was once a theme of writing for $ 5 ... someone wrote for $10 and so on...

some for free... there will always be altruists... but their support is the same as any free job

--

better to write for 100$ one than 20 orders for 5$, ( unless you're a student trying to learn MQL4 )

--

I think the price is determined by the market - the price of sausage in the shops, the price of taxis in the evening...

the price of vodka in the shops, the price of a rented flat and other economic indicators the price of a toilet in the flat

if I write a code in an hour! and I sell the code for $100 it's OK!!!

After all, when a plumber comes to install the toilet bowl, he will install it for at least $200 and will not do it for more than 2 hours!

You guys who write sales codes for a penny, are you any worse than the plumber? You've spent time and effort on your studies?

you have a college education ... as a rule... They install toilets in a couple of hours for $200 ... and you write for $5 ?

the market will correct this situation... with the first toilet !

YuraZ:

When a plumber comes to install the toilet, he will not install it for $5, but for a minimum of $200 and it will take no more than 2 hours ...

If you look at it through the eyes of the user, the difference is that the toilet will last for years, but no one knows what will happen to a bought EA.

chief2000:

If you look at it through the eyes of the user, the difference is that the toilet will last for years, but no one knows what will happen to a purchased EA.

The Expert Advisor will work the way the user wants it to work

(if the user is appropriate in the terms of reference)

I'll tell you right away... guys with good tech jobs come across!

And then ... it depends on him ...

p.s.

the comparison is of course exaggerated ... but it's not a literal comparison but just the essence

YuraZ:

The Expert Advisor will work in the way the user wants it to work

(if, of course, he - the user in the terms of reference will be adequate)

I will say at once ... guys with good TKs can be found!

And then ... it depends on him...

What characterizes a "good ToR"?

chief2000:

What characterises a "good TOR"?

Oh, I think I can answer that question. I have seen clients whose terms of reference are written briefly and clearly from the point of view of necessity and sufficiency. You open such a terms of reference, read it and do not ask a single question - the terms of reference is enough to do exactly what he wanted.

People who write such terms of reference usually research their trading system thoroughly, debug it, polish it, bring it to perfection before doing so. THEY HAVE THEIR HEADS ON STRAIGHT. Their conclusions are substantiated, not hypothetical.

It rarely happens, but it does happen.

drknn:

I think I can answer this question. I have seen some clients, whose terms of reference are written clearly and concisely from the position of necessity and sufficiency. You open such a terms of reference, read it and do not ask a single question - the terms of reference is enough to do exactly what he wanted.

The people who write these terms of reference usually research their trading system thoroughly, debug it, polish it, bring it to perfection before doing so. THEY HAVE THEIR HEADS ON STRAIGHT. Their conclusions are substantiated, not hypothetical.

It happens rarely, but they do happen.

There are very few of them :) I know for myself how many times I had trade ideas, examined them visually on charts and everything was fine. Then I wrote an indicator following the method and began to notice other cases that I "did not want" to see at first (completely unintentionally). Well, Expert Advisors - these finally get rid of illusions :)