MT4 tester does not give information from other timeframes - page 10

vladv002 писал(а) >>

Specific question - the tester does not return data from adjacent TFs, only data from the current TF - HOW can
correctly bypass this shortcoming of the MT4 tester
None of the MQL4 functions can return data from the adjacent TFs in the tester, either above or below it.
If the data is there, you may fix it, check it, display - Comment,Alert,Print - or pass it for processing.
Any suggestions on how to avoid this problem in the Strategy Tester, I'd be very grateful to you and I think I'm not the only one.

There was my example. There is Roche's example. Everything is correct. But it does not apply to the visualization chart.
The EA works correctly with indicators from any timeframe as well as the timeframes themselves.
I still don't see the problem either. Neither does Roche.
If anything else, it's in private.

An indicator to view in visualisation mode can be made, but more often than not it will be self-defeating.

Vinin >>:

Был мой пример. Есть пример Роша. Все корректно. Но это не относится к графику визуализации.
Советник корректно работает и с индикаторами с любого таймфрейма, и с самими таймфреймами.
Я тоже все еще не вижу проблемы. Как и Рош.
Если что-то другое, то в личке.

Индикатор для просмотра в режиме визуализации сделать можно, но чаще всего это будет самообман.

I think you are very much mistaken.

As you can see - visualisation and iCustom have nothing to do with it.

"Roche's test - shows that there is something wrong with the data. Although the M1 test runs fine from this period.

So, code and pseudo code errors have nothing to do with it...

;)

I think you are very much mistaken.

As you can see - visualisation and iCustom have nothing to do with it.

"Roche's test - shows that there is something wrong with the data. Although the M1 test runs fine from this period.

So, code and pseudo code errors have nothing to do with it...

;)

Self-deception is something that doesn't bother others.

Vinin >>:

Твой индикатор будет возвращать нулевое значение, потому как он сделан с логической ошибкой.
После небольшой корректировки работает нормально

And if you don't mind showing...

And if you don't mind showing...

In person. I won't do it that way.

Do you have a kit in your tester that was kindly provided by Rosh - SimpleEA.mq4 -MultiTimeframe.mq4
works well in the tester, my tester only has "Last Bid" data, but the "iClose" data is null.
Perhaps there is a problem with MT4, that's another matter.

Other timeframe data in the EA - yes, you can see it, but the problem with the indicators - is still a problem.
I think the strategic mistake here is that the indicators use historical data, not tester data. As a result the TimeCurrent in visualization mode is different for the indicator and the Expert Advisor.
I think that the user that tests in visualization mode has the goal to check the correctness of the EA's behavior and to do this he overlays the indicators on the chart to see what the EA sees. But it turns out that each indicator must be modified specifically to display itself correctly in the visualization mode! But excuse me, why all this hassle if after the testing is over this code will not be needed? And then how to debug dynamic indicators? The visual testing window is created in order to check the work of the EA or indicator and then CLOSE it. I.e., the indicator, put on the test chart in the visualization mode, almost never has to display the current moment! And this means that although it is possible to build it on the basis of the current historical data, it is not necessary. On the contrary! The user expects that the whole terminal with all indicators (standard and custom) and the Expert Advisor under test will simulate in this window the full environment, as if everything happens at the current moment.
Unfortunately, no changes are expected here because the new terminal takes all resources of MQ. But in the light of this, I would like at least to receive an explanation why the visual simulation has been done in this way: was it just an oversight or there were serious reasons for that?

api >>:

К сожалению, изменений здесь не предвидится потому, что новый терминал забирает все ресурсы MQ. Но в свете этого хотелось бы хотя бы получить объяснения в связи с чем визуальное моделирование было сделано именно так: просто по недосмотру или для этого были серьезные причины?

The visual display of the test was made later, and it was only intended to display the testing process itself (inputs and outputs). The ability to overlay indicators on the visual test window was a useful side benefit. There were no plans to provide full support for everything in the tester during the modeling of the trading system behavior on the history.

You can look at the indicators applied to the visual testing chart, these indicators will be calculated based on the price data of the chart, and this data is 100% correct for the tester. Data from other timeframes and other symbols is not provided by the tester through a visual testing chart, and if you do not understand this subtlety, you had better not use visual testing, overlaying all sorts of indicators.

All claims that the tester should provide something extra in visual testing apart from correct testing itself are populist. If you are so good at everything, then either organise the correct display of any additional information on the visual testing graph yourself (this is all possible), or create your own software with all the necessary functionality.

vladv002 >>:
Подскажите у Вас в тестере комплкт любезно представленый уважаемым Rosh - SimpleEA.mq4 -MultiTimeframe.mq4
работет в тестере нормально, на моем тестере данные есть только "Last Bid", а вот "iClose" все по нулям.
Возможно не лады с МТ4, так это уже другой вопрос.

So there is no data on these timeframes for this instrument. If I purposely delete the 15-minute history for EURUSD, and then run testing on the interval of 2008 (for which I have no history for EURUSD 15M), then I will not have a simulation on that missing timeframe for both normal and visual testing.

The tester itself does not complete the history for such cases, you must take care of the data on the required testing interval.

Read an updated History Center - free history of minute quotes from 1999

Here is an implemented way to get data in any mode (including visualisation) from any timeframe of any trading instrument.