MT4 tester does not give information from other timeframes - page 8

Vinin >>:

Я поправился постом выше.
Лучше скажи что хотел получить?

To understand what data the indicator is working with.

When calculating volatility (I removed the code to make the problem clear) I get unclear results.

Had to look it up. Got my hands on it.

And here's a similar question. Started looking into it.

The fragment of the buffer calculation is not important. What is important is what it works with.

And if 0 is not the same as indexing, but sends to another dimension - it's not obvious.

that's all the trolling...

;)

Vinin >>:

Код свой покажи. Да и индикатор надо было бы посмотреть

The code is at the "level of confusion" because it changes as I go along, but here is a half an hour old indicator that I checked,
The indicator should be placed on the Expert Advisor, preferably light and we see that only 1 TF works.

Files:

To understand what data the indicator is working with.

When calculating volatility (I removed the code to make the problem clear) the results are unclear.

I had to look it up. I got my hands on it.

And here we have a similar question. We started to look into it.

There is an error in the code. You can't tell anything like that. What I've seen already tells you that.

Vinin >>:

Ошибка в коде. Так ничего сказать нельзя. То что я видел уже об этом говорит.

Victor, don't be lazy and look at the log in the file. What does the price indicator say, what does it see.

I've done a minimal disfigurement of your code. ;)

Victor, don't be lazy and look at the log in the file. What does the price indicator say, what does it see.

I've done a minimal disfigurement of your code. ;)

But I've already managed to tweak your indicator to make it work. So I'm fine.

vladv002 писал(а) >>

The code is at the "level of confusion" because it changes as I go along, but here is a half an hour old indicator that I checked,
The indicator should hang on the Expert Advisor, preferably a light one, and see that only 1 TF works.

Why is it so complicated?
In visualization mode it will not work correctly
Files:

Vinin >>:

Но я уже успел поуродовать твой индикатор что бы он начал работать. Так что у меня все нормально

Were you able to get this fragment to work properly?

if (Test){ FileWrite(hFile,j,"--1M15 ",StrTime(iTime(Symbol(),Period(),1)),iClose(PARA,0,1));
            FileWrite(hFile,j,"--0M15 ",StrTime(iTime(Symbol(),Period(),0)),iClose(PARA,0,0));
            FileWrite(hFile,j,"--0M1 ",StrTime(iTime(Symbol(),1,0)),iClose(PARA,1,0));
            FileWrite(hFile,j,"--1001M15 ",StrTime(iTime(Symbol(),Period(),1001)),iClose(PARA,0,1001));
           }

It doesn't work in visualisation mode or any other way. (:

Were you able to get this fragment to work properly?

It doesn't work in visualisation mode or any other way. (:

You can make it work correctly too. Synchronise it with the main timetable. But you shouldn't do that.
If you want to learn not to believe your eyes, then run the standard zigzag in visualisation mode. Not a single intermediate peak.
You can't always believe the visualisation, and you shouldn't always.

Vinin >>:

Можно и его заставить корректно работать. Сделать синхронизацию с основным графиком. Но не стоит этого делать.
Если хочешь научиться не верить своим глазам, то запусти стандартный зигзаг в режиме визуализации. Ни одной промежуточной вершины.
Не всегда можно верить визуализации, и не всегда стоит.

that's not the question.

It turns out that we cannot test an EA on a tester if its logic is based on multitemporal indicator readings.

We should move the calculation part to the EA.

Or am I wrong?

that's not the question.

It turns out that we cannot test an EA on a tester if its logic is based on multitemporal indicator readings.

We should move the calculation part to the EA.

Or am I wrong?

Of course you're wrong.
But I really don't understand why we need to use multi-timeframe indicators?
The EA can refer to the desired timeframe or take the indicator values from the desired timeframe.
The use of multitimesframe indicators is necessary only for manual trading.
This results in an additional complication of the code and the possibility to introduce additional errors.