Is the advisor suitable for real life? - page 45

paukas:
Then to get the real picture. So test on the minutes on the open bars and you will be happy.
I got it from you. The only thing is that I don't have a good strategy yet.

paukas:
Then to get the real picture. So test on the minutes on the open bars and you will be happy.

What about me? Tested on all ticks, and on control points. The result has not changed significantly. What is the point of testing on minutes?

YOUNGA:

Let's argue? OK - so in the real world you will wait 4 hours until you realise that the price has moved in the wrong direction and most importantly you will agree with this (I'm not saying use a short average - multiply the period by 240 (4 hours) and test in minutes) - I do not like that the averages are entered correctly in expert advisors and they do not test correctly

For the force majeure, there is a stop. Well, we shouldn't rush, we should be able to wait. At 4 o'clock there are usually good trends in general, but on the minutes there is some noise etc.

ah ah ah ah (that's me shouting) no noise - one price ( spiders are already echoing - he seems to be a kind man)

Dserg:

What about me? Tested on all the ticks, and on the checkpoints. The result didn't change much. What's the point of testing exactly on minutes?
If you're afraid to see the real picture, no.

paukas:
If you are afraid to see the real picture, there is none.

Bullshit.

Are you saying that there will be real differences?

Dserg:

Bullshit.

I don't know, but that's what you're afraid of. There's nothing else to be afraid of. The test on open bars is a very quick one.

Dserg:

Bullshit.

Do the minutes - we'll talk about it from here.

What if you translate the strategy to minutes? That is, divide TP=8600 and SL=3600 by the root of 240(15.5). You will get TP=555 and SL=232. Do the same with all linear values in the EA (which are in pips).

Next, set spread=0 and test for 10 years. Do you think this won't give a truer picture of the strategy?

david2:

What if you translate the strategy to minutes? That is, divide TP=8600 and SL=3600 by the root of 240(15.5). You will get TP=555 and SL=232. Do the same with all linear values in the EA (which are in pips).

Next, set spread=0 and test for 10 years. Don't you think this will give a truer picture of the strategy?

There is no need to divide. You have to add and multiply.