[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 434

drknn: Agreed - solution in private - I didn't give up - I just almost lost my mind at the ambiguity of the problem condition.
You weren't here when the pigeon problem was solved? It's somewhat similar, but much simpler.

drknn:

Sorry, I misspoke. ValS suggested the problem.

I wasn't hiding it.)

There's a decision in private.

Mathemat:
Weren't you here when the pigeon problem was solved? It is somewhat similar, but much simpler.

I wasn't. Why don't you do it again for me?

ValS: It wasn't. Maybe you could do it again for me.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/123519/page252#278208 is the last task in this post by TheXpert.

By the way, Mischek rated this problem as the best one in the thread. If the problem about A and B Wise Men turns out to be correct and has a single solution, I guess the primacy can be given to it.

Mathemat:

I don't understand the question, Abzasc.

2 drknn: OK, let me be A. I know that the product of 75 = 3*5*5. I say the first line. "I don't know the numbers."

Let Valery know the sum, 28. He knows about Goldbach's hypothesis (it is exactly verified for numbers less than 100 :) ) and sees that 28 = 11+17. He can't say his line that he "knew beforehand" because the numbers 11 and 17 interfere with him, they are both prime.

The conversation has gone the wrong way. P=75 and C=28 do not roll as a solution.

Shall we play some more, drknn? It's useful: now something will become clear to you.

We have agreed to soften the problem to a product that is less than 100. The product of 11 and 17 is over a hundred so it is discarded on autopilot. So the solution rolls. And what does Goldbach have to do with it? Well, you can decompose a number into a sum, so what's the big deal?

I did not accept this condition, but reasoned strictly according to the problem. The solution doesn't work.

Goldbach's conjecture: any even is decomposable into the sum of two prime at least one way.

To this day it has not been proved. It is proved to be correct up to big enough numbers, and it is certainly proved up to 100. That's how it comes in handy here :)

drknn:

We have agreed to soften the problem to a work that is less than 100.

We didn't agree on anything, especially since it's not explicitly stated anywhere. The sum, yes, is less, but the product is not a fact.

Mathemat:

I did not accept this condition, but reasoned strictly according to the problem. The solution doesn't work.

Goldbach's conjecture: any even is decomposable into the sum of two prime at least one way.

To this day it has not been proved. It is proved to be correct up to big enough numbers, and it is certainly proved up to 100. That's how it comes in handy here :)

Yes, I've read about the hypothesis. All right, let the product be allowed to exceed 100 and it = 75. It is still decomposable by more than one variant. It's the same with sum = 28. Dialog gives us nothing - just lies, as I showed with the last post on the page before last. The condition is not correct, or the problem has more than one solution (if it exists at all).

Mathemat:

To this day it is not proven. It is proved to be correct up to big enough numbers, and it is certainly proved up to 100. That's how it comes in handy here :)

Have you studied number theory?

Mathemat:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/123519/page252#278208 is the last challenge in this post by TheXpert.

By the way, Mischek rated this problem as the best one in the thread. If the problem about A and B Wise Men turns out to be correct and has a single solution, I guess the primacy can be given to it.

Yes, similar problem, also two-dimensional, only variants can be counted on the fingers.

And who decides the question of primacy? )