[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 257

Mathemat >>:

Ни 1, ни 4, ни 2 не зовутся дошкольниками ни при каких условиях. Они слишком маленькие еще.

В задаче есть два слова - "произведение" и "старший", они и есть главные. Есть здравый смысл, согласно которому дошкольник - это маленький человечек, вот-вот готовый пойти в школу.

Объясни, почему 2*2 = 1*4 - решение.

Because in the case of 2*2, there is no eldest. And because they are preschoolers in my common sense.

And the highlighted in the first sentence is your own idea again. A lot of people would agree with you, but so would I. Shall we vote here or shall we send it to TV? ;)

1 and 4 are correct. They don't go to school yet, imho, you can call any child under 7 a preschooler.

MetaDriver писал(а) >>

Let others do the work :), by the way, your solution with the sphere is a legal hack :) .

OK, OK, let 1, 2 and 4 be preschoolers. In principle you can think that way.

The second mathematician said he didn't have enough information. So there was a choice of options. And the clarification about age inequality discarded the other options. So the number of pigeons is a square.

So it is enough to go through squares 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49 (if 7 is still a pre-schooler). Yes, then the answer is 1 and 4.

Here's a bug andbeetle problem, too, which is good. The answer is 10 cm?

vegetate >>:

один. Но задача с тремя вагонами конфет интереснее выглядит :)

Yep, exactly one. There's a phrase here too, which is not usually read very carefully.

There are 20 numbers, 1...20. Two people play and take turns putting a "+" or "-" sign in front of a number, if there was no sign in front of it before. The first seeks to make the sum of all the numbers as modulo small as possible. The second plays against the first and strives for the opposite. What is the largest sum modulo possible for the second? 83

P.S. I believe the implication is "guaranteed".

Mathemat >>:

Написано 20 чисел, 1..20.

Are the needles in a row or mixed?

MetaDriver >>:

ЧИсла стоят последовательно или вперемешку?

each available for marking

Mischek >>:

каждое доступно для постановки знака

Yeah, re-read it, I think so. Well, it's = mixed. :)

A physics question. A man dives into icy water. Try to guess what happens next:

-

Mathemat >>:

Написано 20 чисел, 1..20. Играют двое и по очереди ставят перед числом знак "+" или "-", если до этого перед ним не было знака. Первый стремится к тому, чтобы полученная сумма всех чисел была как можно меньше по модулю. Второй играет против первого и стремится к противоположному. Какую наибольшую сумму по модулю второй может себе обеспечить? 83

P.S. Веряоятно, подразумевается "обеспечить гарантированно".

a minimum of 12. If the first one plays along, 165 at the most. Although no, even all 210.