Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 148

although the above figures show the profit - but it is a Rough version - calculated on the days, if you run on minutes, the result will be approximately $ 5.720.204 for the same 5 years

again No reinvestment, no martingale....

Aleksander:
Let's take for example currency pairs - eu and pound, one pair will be populated, the other one will be banned ....

... and we get EURGBP )))

Aleksander:
... and see if the pair is suitable for trading

... quite suitable .... on the history by looking at the EURGBP chart.

Citizen Gold... justify?... for example sellGBPUSD lot 0.5 || byeEURUSD L=0.6 when the eur moves up 90 pips and the pound down 70 - show the movement of EURGBP?

and e.g. a 45 pips long in the eura - 0.3 lots.... and then calculate gains/losses on EURGBP....

Yeah, don't argue you ...

Here you can download the spread indicator, which draws the line of total paired equity (i.e., the spread line) - according to the specified position sizes of the analyzed instruments! (To download - you need to be registered there)

http://www.procapital.ru/showthread.php?t=28081&page=18 -posts 264-265

Perhaps, you can even do without the price line indicator! Here is a vivid example of using (and I quote myself)

".... I cannot tell what other useful option can be added to the spread indicator! Moreover, in the latest versions (2 and 3 elements) we ( Son_of_Earth and I) provided an opportunity to choose sizes of positions so as to make the spread line on history as "flat" as possible!
For example, by adjusting position sizes I selected such a flat (even with a small slope upwards - it is not too bad) spread line SIZ0-GCZ0 (silver-gold), using which I trade profitably with these sizes in the direction of long term seasonal trends (buy or sell spread), starting from the extreme limits of the turquoise spread line channel:

http://www.procapital.ru/showthread.php?t=28081&page=23 - post 336

Citizen Gold... maybe you're not in the know????....

By manipulating lots, increasing or decreasing the volatility of some working pairs, creating a

so to speak, "synthetic EURGBP" - we are forming a similar instrument - BUT - exactly because of some differences we receive arbitrage opportunities to receive

as for the risk-free profit - above i gave an example, where using a simple system - during the same study period (5 years) - i received a profit of more than 5 billion GEL....

yellow line synthetic and green line real E/G... and that's only 1 tool :)

while I was writing :) links to Useful Indicators appeared....

HI - the yellow and green lines already include the spreads of the pairs used.....

For those who are interested:

"Here's an interesting thought too, by the way. In terms of single currency trading.

Short-term, on small timeframes.
We can (with some skill) profitably trade any suitable currency cross, using paired indicators - price lines and spread! And in the Properties of the indicators you need to specify the major components of the analyzed cross.
Here, in a hurry, I loaded our indicators with the euro (6EZ0-EURUSD) and pound (6BZ0-GBPUSD) on the EURGBP (RPZ0) chart respectively.
You can see that the signals turn out very good! Almost all of the signals in this section of the chart are profitable! I.e. entry at any significant divergence of lines is followed by profitable closing in the point of convergence in 100%(!) cases! - See fig. below.
Of course, we should look at the whole history too (I haven't looked deeper yet - I am completing my post in progress...). And see, how other crosses work (e.g. yen) with the same methodology" (from, leonid553 - http://www.procapital.ru/showthread.php?t=28081&page=24
)

Leonid, try to make a small block of virtual deals in *Ind_2 indicator - to make a calculation of points, like earned on divergence and convergence...

It would be interesting to see the result in 15 minutes, for 13000 bars for example :) and a histogram of outcomes of each convergence ... to calculate the MM :)

You propose to trade the EURGBP cross very ambiguously. The reason is that your indicator will show different readings if it is not fed EURUSD+GBPUSD but EURJPY+GBPJPY. I.e. there is a dependency on the parrot. You can invent your own XXX (leading as a linear or trigonometric function or any other) and give EURXXX and GBPXXX as inputs. And you will get the third result on the indicator output. And it is not good, you see. Because all three cases are in fact identical for EURGBP. The indicator should not depend on parrots.

The same thing happens when calculating the KK (correlation coefficient). KK(EURUSD, GBPUSD) is not equal to KK(EURJPY, GBPJPY). I.e. it is also a bad tool.

However, KK can be used as well as your indicator for "cross" trading:

You take a correlation indicator and plot it on the EURGBP chart, feeding EURUSD and GBPUSD as input:

Looking at the red line. The correlation is plotted on the 6 o'clock chart (72 * M5). Now we start to correctly interpret the readings:

When the KK is close to one(> 0.97), it means that EURUSD and GBPUSD are going (or rather walking) "mirror". You can see that the K K at one happens quite often and then goes "down".

So, imagine that KK (EURUSD, GBPUSD) is > 0.97. So in the last 6 hours EURUSD and GBPUSD have moved very similarly. And this means that EURGBP has been in a horizontal flat for 6 hours.

You look at the maximum and minimum values of EURGBP for the last 6 hours and put there stop orders to break through the levels. When the CC goes down, the level will be broken through.

Take a TakeProfit as a fraction of the width of the broken channel.

But again, the KK(EURJPY, GBPJPY) will be slightly different. But you can build several KKs at once and wait until they are all > 0.97. Experiment.

But again, the good thing is that the indicator should not depend on parrots.

You're only examining the spread of two financial instruments all the time. But imagine that you can take, for example, three symbols so that together they form a "reverse" spread.

Don't get hung up on finding two FIs. The whole world is doing that. The treasure trove is the search for a "return" pattern that forms many financial instruments at once.

An example is shown in the figure:

The blue vertical lines show a period of 6 hours, during which the calculated QC > 0.97. The horizontal red lines are where to place stop orders for a breakdown (maximum and minimum price value over 6 hours). Then see if the price breaks through the bottom line. You can see that the KK went "down".

P.S. If you think somebody is lagging behind, you can experiment with a shift, when calculating the KK. Moreover, you can build exactly the same and trade on the same principles on "autocorrelation", feeding EURUSD and EURUSD with a shift, and trading EURUSD.