A career in stock trading - page 11

Warren Buffett thinks diversification is evil. Given how much he has earned, you can listen to what he has to say.

joo писал(а) >>

The man just doesn't know that any stock commodity can fall to zero. The currency never does.

He does now.

You are half right, a fully convertible currency has never fallen to zero indeed, but neither has the market as a whole ever fallen to zero. We are talking about a portfolio, not exceptions.

C-4 писал(а) >>
Warren Buffett thinks diversification is evil. Given how much he has made, you can listen to what he says.

According to Buffett even more evil is tech analysis and I agree with him.

Vasya, you can't physically take a bankrupt company - it's not listed. It can be taken before that. )))

Then, really, you do not read books, do not watch movies about stock traders, huh?

Do you think that in India at one time (1998) there were police officers on duty on bridges to save broke Forex traders?))) Or was there a massive DoS infestation of DC servers in the States on 10/29/229? )))))))))))))))))))

vasya_vasya >> :

According to Buffett even more evil is tech analysis and I agree with him.

>> Uh-huh. Especially if you don't know what it is or if you're Warren Buffett.

vasya_vasya писал(а) >>

You could also buy on the bottom, then you would win immediately, but it would be very hard for you to lose.

Teach me how to do it, just not in hindsight.

Urain писал(а) >>

With Diversification you are averaging your profits as a result it can actually be less than inflation.

Then it is better to buy real estate and sleep well.

You know, I agree with you to a certain extent. Right now, I think the real estate market is undervalued, especially in the US.

But the fact is that there are no such simple solutions. The markets are sufficiently efficient and what will bring a higher return/risk ratio - the real estate market or the stock market.

The fact is that as the economy grows, the square meter is supposed to grow too - an obvious economic correlation, but the square meter has no resilience, unlike the permanently growing firms. How much is a 50 year old flat and how much is a 100 year old Coca Cola.

goldtrader >> :

Teach me how to do it, just not in hindsight.

Last spring, too, it seemed to a lot of people that this was the bottom. But from the bottom came knocking. Where are these bottom catchers? It is clear - where (I would say where, if Vasya had gone to sleep).

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

Vasya, you can't physically take a bankrupt company - it's not listed. It can be taken before that. )))

I don't seem to have tried to take it after that. Maybe it's the lack of tense in Russian - "before the moment in the past"?

About Buffett and TA.

If you are Buffett, a market maker, why do you need a TA?

If you are NOT a market maker, then your (our!) fate is to follow the market as closely as possible FOR the market. You need a TA for that.

===

By TA I mean market analysis based on the data available from the quote stream.