MT4 Java API - page 2

I haven't found the MQ4 EA in the archive, or is it supposed to be written by yourself?

TsaiShenYeh >> :
I didn't find the MQ4 EA in the archive, or is it supposed to be written by yourself?

It's there, but it's deep hidden. After running JFXExample (jfx-1.2.3\examples\README.TXT) you will have C:\Users\<user>\.jfx_terminals (Vista)

or C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.jfx_terminals (XP) - you can find it there.

Files:
jfx.ex4  49 kb

+ DLL

You can see that a lot of quality work has been done. But here's what confuses me:

Programmers not familiar with java are unlikely to immediately give up their favorite and familiar strategy tester, without which EA development is unthinkable, and run to rewrite their EAs in the "unknown" java.

However, people that are familiar with java may wonder why they need to call primitive intictators from MT when they can easily be rewritten in java when they need it.

From my point of view, java should be used to develop large and complex strategies and focus all the programmer's attention on it.

What I didn't like about this API is that the strategy entity is identified with the EA entity. In my opinion, this is not the same thing.

I imagine EA contains the entity Trader, which in turn uses the entity Strategy to analyze data and make decisions. And just only the Strategy interface makes sense to implement in Java.

I would suggest the following interface Strategy:

public interface Strategy {
public abstract boolean canBuy();
public abstract boolean canSell();
public abstract boolean educate(DataLoader educationDataLoader);
public abstract boolean updateStrategy(PeriodInputValues rateM1);
}

Thanks for the suggestion, it is very important to me.

For now, I can suggest a version of the library that can work with the MT4 Tester.

Files:
jfxd1.2.4.zip  3615 kb

Includes additional example and screenshots of the MT4 Tester
Files:

soulmate >> :

What I didn't like about this API is that the strategy entity is identified with the EA entity. I don't think it's the same thing.

That's right, I probably should have re-refactor-ed the Strategy class into MT4ExpertAdvisor, which would allow it to be used for its intended purpose, but unfortunately the train has sailed and this project is part of another one that I can't change.

up

Is there a charge for all this?