Is it possible to implement a RELIABLE accounting of the aggregate position structure in MT5? - page 5

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

It is not me who is pandering - it is you who is pandering with your much-needed structure, formed by your particular approach to trading. Change your approach and there won't be a problem. There will be nothing to reduce.

Again about the approaches to trading. Just leave them alone, let everyone choose. But to tune yourself and your actions to the program is not the best way of self-development.

getch писал(а) >>

Obviously, it is possible to get around this in a particular case, but it will not work in general. Here is a description of a not uncommon example:

In this case, it's not about dodginess. I am not very pleased with such miserable accounting (I've had enough of it), but I should have a good accounting algorithm, that's why purely theoretically for MT5 and how I am able to do it now.

fwiq >> :

Again about approaches to trading. Leave them alone, let everyone choose for themselves. And it is not the best way of self-development to tweak oneself and one's actions to fit the program.

And you think that demanding from the world community to adjust to your fantasies is an evidence of successful self-development?

Well, no one trades like that in decent places, can you understand that? You know, if you're going to talk about being closed-minded, it's not for you. Still can't imagine any other way to trade than Dr. Jekyll and a couple of Mr. Hydes.

One more time. It's up to you. You want to get into trouble, do it the old-fashioned way. I don't care. Just don't say that hemorrhoids are a sign of advancement, okay?

fwiq >> :

In this case, it's not a matter of being dodgy. I'm not thrilled with such miserable accounting myself (I've already had enough of it), but I still have to find an algorithm for decent accounting, so it's purely theoretical for MT5 and how I know how to do it.

My device is beta-testing, it means the developers are able to change-correct bugs. It is true, that the raised problem concerns MT5 concept, but it can also be solved by MetaQuotes.

Perhaps the developers will explain why they refused the virtual positions on the trade server, as it is already implemented in some platforms. And they will tell us about their vision of the solution of this problem.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

And you think that demanding that the world community adjust to your fantasies is evidence of successful self-development?

Well, no one trades like that in decent places, can you understand that? You know, if you're going to talk about being closed-minded, it's not for you. Still can't think of any other way to trade than Dr. Jekyll and a couple of Mr. Hyde's.

One more time. It's up to you. You want pain, do it the old-fashioned way. I don't care. Just don't tell me that hemorrhoids are a sign of advancement, okay?

The world community is MT5? As for decent places, please elaborate. Where contracts or net overheads are traded, positions are not possible in principle.

For me it's not about cramming, I do not even know what it means, and neither do the Jekylls...

About the pain - it's still just ahead. If you start working on 7-10 pairs in manual mode - then you'll search for orders, or rather it will be simply impossible with pendants because there will be so much pile that in the best case 2-3 pairs will remain. When you look for pending orders you will have plenty of them, so you will have at best 2-3 pairs.

getch писал(а) >>

Beta-testing is underway, so developers can change-correct bugs. True, the problem raised concerns the MT5 concept, but it can also be solved by MetaQuotes.

Perhaps the developers will explain why they have refused the virtual positions on the trade server, as it is already implemented in some platforms. And they will share their vision on how to solve this problem.

If only these golden words were true - we could discuss what happiness is and how close it is.

getch

How I sympathise with you. You're one of the few programmers who have spent so much time publicly

in this forum for so long on the problem of hedging strategies.

But now you are faced with real traders who are cutting your

The problem has not been solved yet.

I will try to explain where my vision comes from.

90% of all literature, video materials, forex courses say:

- Analyze the market

- wait for a favorable position

- make one trade

- wait for it to end in + or -

and everything again.

That's why most of the PROPER traders (those who have taken these courses, read books) don't even

do not understand what you are writing about .

They accuse you of pandering to lockers or something else that is reprehensible.

Personally, my research shows that the standard approach taught by the venerable masters

is far from optimal and will not allow for stable earnings. And the lauded 20% a year boasted by

of many famous manuscripts, I'm not impressed.

It is easy to prove that using several different trading strategies for one instrument

gives a more stable income than the search for one ideal grail.

All institutional traders are engaged in risk hedging.

Whether it is locking positions or using several strategies is not so important.

The important thing is that in the MT5 platform there is NO WAY a stable trading

in no way possible to trade with several Expert Advisors or strategies on a single instrument.

And no matter what tricks you come up with, you will not be able to do it.

Alas, this is inherent in this platform.

You have identified the reason correctly.

THE MT5 SERVER DOES NOT STORE ENOUGH INFORMATION FOR HEDGING STRATEGIES.

So if you want to work on MT5 (I personally don't), you need to take care that your

strategies do not depend in ANY way on closed trades and the current status of previously placed trades.

This is very hard to accept, but moving in this direction is possible:

- to place orders strictly at the beginning of a period

- with a fixed SL and TP (replacing the SL and TP with rollover orders in the MT5)

- Do not analyse the history of the trades at any time.

Unfortunately, this will not give you a perfect profit margin, but that is the price

You will pay for using the MT5 platform.

Possible reason for the lack of virtual positions built into MT5:

Developers have only one problem with the implementation of virtual positions - reporting. But this problem, in particular, is solved by Dukascopy. Just look at their reports.
There are two types of reports:
- One convenient for the trader with virtual positions;
- for the audit company with a history of transactions and their links to viral positions in case the trader's complaint is resolved.

getch писал(а) >>

Possible reason for the lack of virtual positions built into MT5:

Developers have only one problem with the implementation of virtual positions - reporting. But this problem, in particular, is solved by Dukascopy. Just look at their reports.
There are two types of reports:
- One convenient for the trader with virtual positions;
- for the audit company with the history of transactions and their connection to the virtual positions in case of complaint of the trader.

Here's another option

thecore >> :

The important thing is that in the MT5 platform there is NO WAY a stable trading

with several Expert Advisors or strategies on a single symbol.

In the current thread we have discussed two possibilities for such an implementation:

- writing EAs through a high-level API, which is responsible for accounting of virtual positions. The API itself is written in MQL5, without / using OOP - does not matter. This is already available on NFA-MT4;

- Analysis of FILLED orders history by mages and comments.

Both methods are not reliable, together they may give a positive result under ideal conditions (terminal is available to the trader, the connection of the MT5-client to the trade server is not interrupted, trades are not subject to revision).

I don't know why MQL5 has to be based on a monster (even more, it's unreliable), while MQL4 has an easy and laconic solution.

P.S. thecore, thank you. Indeed, it's not easy...