Is it possible to implement a RELIABLE accounting of the aggregate position structure in MT5? - page 3

The thread has very little to do with locus. If the lack of reliable manual trading capability with an EA is the norm for you, then don't bother.

getch >> :
You were trading hands and you had an EA that remembers the structure of the aggregate position locally so that you could only touch your part. The computer crashed. You start the same EA on another computer (no logical connection now). How will it handle its current part of the open position? Imagine that before the PC crash, the Expert Advisor has placed several positions, and some of them were executed after the crash, but before the restart.

Yes, of course. If it were possible to modify an order in MT5 just in the comment field, there would be no question. Everything would be stored there.

Otherwise... Yes. However, to me it is additional evidence of the strangeness of simple Expert Advisors. The Expert Advisor should decide whether to open a position or not based on what's in the account, not on its own, irrelevant to reality, logic.

With the sell stop limit and buy stop limit in MT-5 you can emulate any feature of a lot trade.

This shows that MQ has weighed up the pros and cons before making a decision.

Urain >> :

With the sell stop limit and buy stop limit in MT-5 you can emulate any feature of a lot trade.

Which shows that before making a decision MQ has weighed up the pros and cons.

That's clear. It's a question of where to store all this loco nonsense, so that it would be accessible from other machines, for example.

However, I am already tired of this topic. Especially as I have nothing to do with it. I don't use Loki, write a converter-meter for the sake of sport... ))) I am not a sportsman.

You see, accounting for position structure is only necessary from the point of view of loco ideology - schizophrenia with bifurcation, split, etc.. I've been trading for a long time - in real life (stock market) it all looks strange at least.

What has Locke got to do with it?! Locke is an extremely private problem (and it's only a problem of locophile and locophobe thinking). Here we are dealing with the problem of considering the structure of an aggregate position. Even two copies of the Expert Advisor with the same signals (for example without the lock), but with different MM can't be run reliably. Just like you won't be able to trade reliably manually with the Expert Advisor, even if you open in the same direction as the EA.

getch >> :
What has Locke got to do with it! Locke is an extremely private problem (and it's only a problem of locophile and locophobe thinking). What is involved here is the problem of accounting for the structure of the aggregate position. Even two copies of the Expert Advisor with the same signals (the example without the lock), but with different MM can't be run reliably. Just like you will not be able to reliably trade manually with the Expert Advisor, even if you open in the same direction, in which the EA opens.

Running two, three, etc. EAs is an example of lockstep thinking. Don't you get it? The profit they make is net. You don't need virtual EAs to make it. Advisor one.

Ok. It really is not my problem. Good luck.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>
You see, taking into account position structure is only necessary from the point of view of stock ideology - schizophrenia with splitting, splitting, etc. I've been trading for a long time - in real life (stock exchange) it all looks strange to say the least.

Here we go again with the whole loco thing. What do lots have to do with it? We are talking about elementary accounting of the system behaviour, not about the trader's strategy, so it's off topic.

And as for the accounting, any station may use mages (which are now called ORDER_EXPERT) to quickly calculate its participation in the current position according to the history of trades and orders. It's a few lines of text and instant execution.

By your logic, if there is only one advisor, then manual trading is wrong too.

fwiq >> :

Here we go again with the whole loco thing. What do lots have to do with it? We are talking about elementary accounting of the system behaviour, not about the trader's strategy, so it's off topic.

And as for the accounting, any station may use mages (which are now called ORDER_EXPERT) to quickly calculate its participation in the current position according to the history of trades and orders. It's a few lines of text and instant execution.

Exactly. Everything is taken into account. And lots at that some people are still trying to work the old-fashioned way, having given up lots. So this is not an offtopic. Position structure from multiple EAs is only needed for locks. Even if locks do not exist anymore. The very ideology of having more than one EA on one instrument is a lock.

That's it. Nighty-night.