Who does JAPAN LIGHTS shine on? - page 15

But this screenshot of your RomanS chart has a completely different structure, it is entitled to a profit

https://c.mql4.com/forum/2009/10/untitledu1_small.jpg

Azzx >> :

Made this under the impression of the author's system - that's how I understood his screenshot :) (I sent it to him in a private message). How do you like this result? It works with pending orders. Too bad, there will be too many problems on the real account. :(

Anyway - this is to keep the discussion going. What do you think - is the system working or a fit?

Strategy Tester Report
s15_1_0
Alpari-Demo (Build 225)

SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)
Period1 Hour (H1) 2007.01.02 08:00 - 2009.10.08 23:59 (2007.01.01 - 2009.10.09)
ModelBy open prices (only for Expert Advisors with explicit bar opening control)
ParametersLots=0.01; Slippage=30; AveragePeriod=720; ThresoldForTrade=1; ThresoldForBody=0; TakeProfitTarget=3; StopLossTarget=0.25;

Bars in history18034Modelled ticks35063Modeling qualityn/a
Chart mismatch errors0

Initial deposit100.00

Net profit423.61Total profit1036.32Total loss-612.71
Profitability1.69Expected payoff0.50

Absolute drawdown1.03Maximum drawdown31.21 (11.23%)Relative drawdown11.23% (31.21)

Total trades852Short positions (% win)433 (13.16%)Long positions (% win)419 (11.46%)

Profitable trades (% of all)105 (12.32%)Loss trades (% of all)747 (87.68%)
Largestprofitable trade17.80losing deal-1.52
Averageprofitable deal9.87Deal loss-0.82
Maximum numbercontinuous wins (profit)2 (32.42)Continuous losses (loss)28 (-17.79)
Maximumcontinuous profits (number of wins)32.42 (2)Continuous loss (number of losses)-26.61 (25)
Averagecontinuous winnings1Continuous loss8

even if you only pay attention to the MoD, everything becomes clear

In general, the subject of candles interests me (I'll add it to my notes), thanks to the author

storm >> :

even if you only pay attention to the MO, everything becomes clear

OK, we'll run it in a week and see what it draws in the Tester. :)))

Imho - it's not a workable system at all. And it's not even that it's deliberately written in an extremely simple way, but that it needs to be refined. In its current form, it's just a demonstration of how its principles work. I personally do not like the MO, but the average value of sequence of profitable and losing trades. SL/TP=12 and Win/Loss=1/8. In general, you should probably apply a different algorithm to get out of trades. It should decrease the SL/TP ratio but improve the number of profitable and losing trades and you can already think about a smart MM. :)

Azzx >> :

OK, we'll run it in a week and see what it draws in the Tester. :)))

Imho - this is not a working system at all. And it's not even that it's intentionally written extremely simple, but that it needs to be improved. In its current form it is just a demonstration of how its principles work. I personally do not like the MO, but the average value of sequence of profitable and losing trades. SL/TP=12 and Win/Loss=1/8. In general, you should probably apply a different algorithm to get out of trades. It should decrease the SL/TP ratio but improve the number of profitable and losing trades and you can already think about a smart MM. :)

Indeed!!! You have to work and work on the candlesticks!

Actually the Japanese candlestick is the indicator that is closest to the price :))

Ugh... This is the price))) In short, I believe that we should not analyze the indicators that are constructed after all kinds of mathematical calculations of the price chart, but the price chart itself!!!

But there's no field to plough here...

As proof of my words, here is a screenshot... This is a modification of the EA posted on the first page, without bugs, etc.

Eliminated bugs in code and algorithm.

Number of trades have increased (in place snimi and profits) while drawdown has become less!

But this is not the limit! We just started working on the theme! All is still ahead!!!

test from 01.01.2008

Just compare the screenshot with the one on the first page and everything will become clear...

There is potential in this TC!!!!

A very interesting topic has emerged.

Thanks to the topicstarter for an interesting and simple trading idea. Everything brilliant is simple!

Keep experimenting, "soon" the contest.

I hope to see some kind of results of system research, not just balance charts.

Actually, I do candlesticks as well. I have tried to predict candlestick directions (and keep trying, the experiments started in the article), and there are some results.

Below is a test with minimal lot for 9 years, 12 instruments tested are in profit (in some crisis the balance line starts fluctuating violently, however it does not lose money). It does not optimize, it does not oversleep, it uses pending orders, stoploss only for protection (150 points), all parameters (shown in the image) refer to order placement - mages, stoplosses, trade volumes. I am currently testing it on demo because I am not sure about the system, as it has strongly changed its behavior during the crisis.

I try to look for regularities in the behavior of candlestick directions (the search is performed only for eurusd; nevertheless, they are also performed for other symbols). In short, the main thing is to find the pattern :)