Wave analysis - page 31

forte928 >> :

It's like this...

I.e. you have two waves reflected clearly on the Dow and the third wave is completely eaten up by the fact that the sweep of the big wave just absorbs the sweep of the smaller waves...

What kind of picture is this anyway?

forte928 >> :

Or will you deny that the same Kondratieff waves material does not correspond to the DOW...

Here is the actual Dow chart, from 1928.

As it's not hard to see, he doesn't look like your pictures at all. You have to ask why? Because there aren't any waves. And no one made them up here.

forte928 >> As you see here the price is equated to a certain year to 1967 - what we see the price has increased sharply...consequently its decline will also be large and consequently the amplitude is large that simply absorbs those small waves that you show on the DOW...You may forget that larger waves always absorb small ones and one cannot see the real process, in the same way in Forex if we observe large waves we can see small waves only by changing the scale...Do it...

Wholesale prices for what? I'm sorry, but it's nonsense not to specify wholesale prices. For milk, gold, coal? For what?

I can draw a lot of pictures like that. Plus, the period since 1965 is dotted. It kind of hints at us.

You have to find the answers to these questions first, and only then talk about someone absorbing someone.

forte928 >> :
I forgot one more thing: what about the fact that the value of the same commodity at different times is completely different Inflation - do you take it into account when displaying the Dow?

Who told you it has to be taken into account? Especially when money itself is a commodity.

And to add to all your pictures. Are you trading on these charts? looking centuries ahead and backwards.

If in 1985 you could buy 5 loaves of bread for a ruble, today you can get 100 pieces for a ruble, the same should be said about the Dow... the usual comparison and the statement that look where cycles are not suitable, in the 28th year a barrel of oil was worth cents, now it is dozens of dollars, and how can you compare what is not comparable in value, although the value of the goods has remained constant - everyone just wants to eat so there is a thing called inflation - which has always existed.

Money is not a commodity, it is the equivalent of value at the moment, and the value of a commodity has remained stable in relation to other commodities, so there is no need to compare the incomparable.

forte928 >> :

If in '85 you could buy 5 loaves of bread for a rouble, for a rouble today you can get 100 pieces, the same can be said about the Dow... the usual comparison and the statement that look where cycles are not suitable, in the 28th year a barrel of oil was worth cents, now it is worth dozens of dollars, so how can we compare notes in value, although the value of these goods has remained constant - everyone just wants to eat something like inflation - which has always existed.

I do not want to digress from the process of finding waves, so I will be brief. Not everything is so simple in modern times with inflation. Nor was it easy in the olden days. Especially, if we remember not putting enough gold/silver in coins (practically everybody practiced that) or cutting off edges of coins for example with Englishmen (they blamed Jews, by the way).

>> :
>> : Money is not a commodity they are some kind of equivalent of value at the moment, and value of commodity as it was in correlation to other kinds of commodities, so there is no need to compare the incomparable.

The value of money is only in the mind. The rest is the bread and butter of professional financiers.

Here: "any absolutisations appropriate to the speculators of the 19th and early 20th centuries now look rather primitive".

This concludes my discussion of wave market theories.

HideYourRichess >> :

Here's the real Dow chart, from 1928.

It is not difficult to notice that it does not resemble your pictures. The question is why? Because there are no waves. And nobody invented them here.

Wholesale prices for what? I'm sorry, but it's nonsense not to say what the wholesale prices are for. Milk, gold, coal? For what?

I can draw a lot of pictures like that. Plus, the period since 1965 is dotted. It kind of hints at us.

First we have to find the answers to these questions and then we can talk about somebody taking over.

I do not assert, but I think that if we remove the exponential growth we will see what forte928 says.

This graph reminds me of balance increase when testing a strategy.

MU there is refinancing in the economy and from that the curve does not look like a cycloid.(Hypothesis)

Economic cycles are economic cycles, and Elliott Waves are Elliott Waves - that is, there are no Elliott Waves in the markets, they are in the books.Growth all the time is impossible, there will always be a recession, but when it starts and how long it will last is anyone's guess - there is no clear-cut periodicity. forte928 is right about inflation, if the Dow is normalized, its value will naturally be much lower.