AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 43

I haven't tested it. I'll tell you when I've checked.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

P.S. You're telling the truth: tester (or rather optimizer) is the easiest to parallelize. I wonder if it is possible to control this process, i.e. to set directly how to distribute parameter sets among cores.

And why should it be controlled? I'm just curious :)

Thought I'd read the thread today. And to add a pebble of my own. XP SP3

Docent >> :

Why would you want to manage it? I'm just curious :)

I haven't figured it out yet.

2 Vinin: put it in the table.

Conditionally I've highlighted different generations of configurations with both tests more or less close in ff performance:

• Blue - new Intel for people (Core 2 Duo and new Celeron with enormous for it 1 MB cache). They make a very good impression compared to the relatively recent history,
  • In light brown - old Intel, the weakest of all, which you would like to forget about (and the colour corresponds :)),
  • Green - old AMD (Athlon), a bit behind new Intel (except for some exceptions) but still capable to shake out the old days,
  • In red are the newest stones from both manufacturers, definitely very good, a poet's dream.

Some configurations are not marked with colour yet (including Phenom II X3 720, which I can't decide what type to display, it seems to be some hybrid of old and new).

I invite anyone who hasn't done the second test to do it after all. Not necessarily on all ticks, but just on opening prices. The conclusions will be informative in any case.

Mathemat >> :

>> I haven't figured it out yet.

Let the developers think about it. And you can forcibly disable the kernels if you wish. Including virtual ones, which you don't have, by the way. And in Windows there is such a thing as scheduler, which manages threads. Let it work. And we'll use it.

No one can demand from developers to parallelize anything and everything nowadays. Let us parallelize at least something and let the list of paralleled processes increase little by little.

This is the dictate of the time and there is no escape. While the "average kernel density" of the stones is two in order, it is not too noticeable. But what will happen when the "cores" become 16 or 32 (well, in about five years it will for sure)?

Someday the time will come for parallel calculations of sines and logarithms :) Meanwhile at least blunt search during optimization (without genetics) can be implemented by making it parallel.

Mathemat >> :

No one can demand from developers to parallelize anything and everything nowadays. Let us parallelize at least something and let the list of paralleled processes increase little by little. It is the dictate of the time and there is no escape.

Sometime the time will come when we will have parallel computing of sines and logarithms :) For now you can at least implement blunt optimization search and make it parallel.

Yes, optimization is the most demanded way to speed up the process (by the way, I haven't got enough of it yet). The guys are lucky, though - the algorithm fits perfectly to multithreading. All the rest is just as fast as it should be. All the more so with 5.

Mathemat >> :

No one can demand from developers to parallelize anything and everything nowadays. Let us parallelize at least something and let the list of paralleled processes increase little by little.

This is the dictate of the time and there is nothing to do. While the "average kernel density" of the stones is two in order, it is not too noticeable. But what will happen when the "cores" become 16 or 32 (well, in about five years it will for sure)?

Someday the time will come for parallel calculations of sines and logarithms :) For now you may at least implement dumb search during optimization (without genetics) making it parallel.

2 times is already a lot. In a year's time, the average affordable "core" will be 4. And optimisation is the only thing that strains on speed. In addition, the tester is ideal for mothballing. It's essentially a standalone application. And the possibilities for multithreading are visible to the untrained eye.

Mathemat >> :

The Phenom II X3 720, which it is not at all clear what type to refer to, is more of a hybrid of the new and the old.

Is there any reason to think so ?

Belford >>: Is there any reason to think so ?

Andrey, I have seen the test results of this stone, quite decent - compared to E8200. There's something it lacks to be called a new product.