Will OOP be in demand in MQL5? - page 7

Подводя нектр. очень предварительные итоги, можно сказать, что ООП в реализации метаквотов даже опытными программерами не воспринята.

MQL5 hasn't even been released yet, and you're already summing it up. Even if you compare MQL4 with MQL5 without OOP, the difference is obvious. In 4 the possibilities of a normal language, such as structures and pointers, for example, were largely missing. In Petyarka it's all there. So the language is much more powerful than its predecessor even without OOP. The topic is senseless, those who know and like OOP will code in OOP, those who code purely procedural will continue to code that way. What is the point of the question?

C-4 >> :

MQL5 hasn't even been released yet, and you're already summing it up. Even if you compare MQL4 with MQL5 without OOP, the difference is obvious. In 4 the possibilities of a normal language, such as structures and pointers, for example, were largely missing. In Petyarka it's all there. So the language is much more powerful than its predecessor even without OOP. The topic is senseless, those who know and like OOP will code in OOP, those who code purely procedural will continue to code that way. What is the point of the question?

There are no pointers. But there are structures.

HideYourRichess >> :

>> No signposts.

There is a replacement.

TheXpert >> :

There is a replacement.

There is a replacement, but I didn't like it very much. Maybe I'm prejudiced.

HideYourRichess >> :

There is a replacement, but I didn't like it very much. Maybe I'm biased.

So it's clear -- it's a crutch for the virtual functions.

TheXpert >> :

So it's a crutch for virtual functions.

It's understandable, especially since there's no address arithmetic, either.

As a matter of fact, for mt, it's quite an excellent solution, it removes many of the pitfalls.

Better make a legal route, for the callback.

HideYourRichess писал(а) >>

Better make a legal route, for the callback.

See

stringo >> :

Let's see

While we're on the subject -- what type is this and how do we get a pointer (descriptor) to itself?

TheXpert писал(а) >>

Since this is the topic -- what type is this and how do you get a pointer (descriptor) to itself?

You can't. Inside mql5 we don't work with addresses. This should be a handle, not a pointer. Perhaps we could convert this to a temporary handle. We are inclined to think that we should do it.