Question on genetic optimisation - page 2

granit77 >> :

Who knows, miracles happen. Usually, before I run it for optimisation, I make visual runs with the expected parameters, displaying the maximum required data in the comment. I manage to see a lot of interesting things at once, as well as when reviewing the log. Bad history, indicator errors, Expert Advisor's errors, etc. Once it is eliminated, you become more confident in the accuracy of the optimization.

I agree, you should also look at the gurnal error,

Maybe you have an order opening error and no orders have opened,

so then what should the tester optimize? zeros?

Angela писал(а) >>

Making a new version of the TS. Made one block, and before proceeding I decided to optimise some parameters, so that I can further tune with more or less optimal initial settings. I optimized 7 parameters, estimated time of optimization - 106 hours, although after start of optimization it increases step by step, number of combinations - 44,274,384, estimated number of runs - 10,496. Initially, I have set the history for 1 month, the optimization started, the results of runs began to appear in the window "optimization results". I got 186 deals during one month. I decided to halve the history to speed up the optimization, and now I have set the time to 57 hours, but nothing has appeared in the windows "optimization results" and "optimization schedule".

I would need to see the logs in the tester, without optimization.

In the visualisation mode of the tester it works, so I decided to optimise the parameters to continue the development of the strategy. As for displaying results in the window, at first run everything was displayed, then without changing the settings I changed only the parameter to use date, reducing the history, and nothing is displayed, I tried several times to restart - to no avail. I just thought maybe some information is written after the first run to the service files, which should be deleted afterwards, that's why I asked.

Angela >> :
The visualisation mode of the test runs, so I decided to optimise the parameters in order to continue to develop the strategy further. As for the display of results in the window, at first run everything was displayed, then without changing the settings I changed only the parameter to use date, reducing the history, and nothing is displayed, I tried to restart several times - to no avail. I was just thinking, maybe some information is written after the first run to the service files, which should be deleted afterwards, that's why I asked.

So do the first run visually on a new data window.

Angela >> :
Then without changing the settings I only changed the use date parameter, reducing the history, and nothing is displayed, I tried several times to restart - to no avail.

So, your history is less than a month old. Then the tester may not work at all. It misses the first 100 bars during optimization. It's clearly written here about all this.

OrlandoMagic писал(а) >>

So your story is less than a month old. Then the tester may not work at all. It misses the first 100 bars during optimization. It's clearly written here about all this.

I read this article. The two weeks I've been betting on M1 is over 14,000 bars.

OrlandoMagic >> :

It skips first 100 bars during optimisation.

Have you checked yourself before writing.

Nothing like that the optimisation goes from 00 hours 00 minutes start date to 23 hours 59 minutes end date.

PS just did a test on H4 for 3 weeks those 90 bars. Very few trades are mono.

There are no open trades at certain parameters. But where the trades are there, they show a profit. So everything works.

Again, if there are no errors in the logbook, you should not filter the results so rigidly

(when you find at least some life-signs :o) you can choose filters more demanding).

Urain писал(а) >>

Have you checked yourself before you write.

Why should I check what's written in the helpdesk? The first 100 bars are not simulated.

Angela wrote >>

I'm making a new version of the TS. I made one block and before continuing I decided to optimize some parameters to make further adjustment with more or less optimal initial settings. I optimized 7 parameters, estimated time of optimization - 106 hours, although after start of optimization it increases step by step, number of combinations - 44,274,384, estimated number of runs - 10,496. Initially, I have set the history for 1 month, the optimization started, the results of runs began to appear in the window "optimization results". I got 186 deals during one month. I decided to halve the history to speed up the optimization process. After I started, the time has increased to 57 hours, but "optimization results" and "optimization schedule" window did not show anything.

Nothing appears because the tester had not yet found any profitable variants. We have to wait :-) If you have time... But 44 million combinations is still too much.

OrlandoMagic писал(а) >>

Why would I want to check what's written in the helpe? The first 100 bars are not simulated.

When optimising and testing, 1000 bars are available (at startup) if they are in the history.