The best NEW ideas are well forgotten OLD ones !!!! Super money management - will it pull out any unstable trading system? - page 7

sayfuji:
I recommend trying different smoothing algorithms, including analytical smoothing of dynamic numerical series. And the muving period is 21-34. It should be a little better. But it is necessary to try.

I recommend not to overthink it and just add the current drawdown (profit) percentage.
In MQL4 it will be something like NormalizeDouble(AccountProfit()/AccountBalance()*100,1)
As a result, if there is a profit, we open trades. If it is minus, we open trades until the drawdown reaches -30%.
Advantages: there is no need to elaborate, no need to draw any averages (the entire code is one line), no need for any silly themes to open on forums, and the biggest advantage - there will finally be time to do something!

sverhnovaya:

I recommend not to overthink it and just add the current drawdown (profit) percentage.
In MQL4 it will be something like NormalizeDouble(AccountProfit()/AccountBalance()*100,1)
As a result, if there is a profit, we open trades. If it is minus, we open trades until the drawdown reaches -30%.
The pros: you don't need to elaborate, you don't need to draw any averages (the entire code is one line), you don't need to open any silly topics on forums, and the biggest advantage - you finally have time to do something!
Golden words ;0))

The date of my post is 20.06.2009. Thank you very much. And I've been sitting and waiting for you to give me your invaluable advice for two years. I've been sitting and doing nothing, you know? And I've been burying this topic for two years.

sverhnovaya:

The advantages: there is no need to elaborate, there is no need to draw any averages (the entire code is one line), there is no need to open any stupid themes on forums, and the biggest advantage - we'll finally have time to do something!
And then what? :)

Cmu4:
And then what? :)
Then it goes away :)

All cool, but for some reason they do not mention what they will do if they open a deal and get a loss.

sayfuji:
All cool, but for some reason they do not mention what they will do if they open a deal and get a loss.
We should do it the other way round.

sayfuji:
They don't say anything about what they will do if they open a deal and get a loss. Trading on paper, they put a profit, switch to a real account, open it again and get a loss. It happens so many times.
Instead of paper, put a lock... no... trade backwards...

OnGoing:
Instead of paper, put loc... no... trade backwards...
Now that's a good suggestion. :)

Cmu4:
Now that's a sensible suggestion. :)
It's the hardest option, almost unrealistic)