Which is easier - a steady 500 pips a month or just 20? - page 9

Hey Comrade, don't pass by

This could be your snarl.

Urain, just answer the thread question as you see fit, with as little justification as possible. Don't be so abstruse.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

You don't really need to specify them. OK, let's assume that the number of transactions is any number up to 500 per month. Let's limit the drawdown to, say, 20%.

The question remains as simple as that:

- I came here because I've heard that there are a lot of keyboard wizards, ready to do whatever the hell they want. And I also heard that there are all kinds of systems. And I would like to get 500 points a month, but I know that it takes a long time to learn. I'd better use my beginner's wits, and I'll make ...well, at least 20 points a month, but more or less stably (it's easier, isn't it?). And then I'll learn slowly, and gradually will grow up to 500 a month ...

And if I unsuccessfully pipsed - what to do? Give another try or what?

I sat for a while and played with it. I have written a simple EA, if price has moved in some direction and has passed n points, it will go further (I started with 10% of stop loss). I tried it with different sets on euros and I realized I cannot make profit on small moves with less than 50 pips. My profit starts with 90-120 pips with equal stop and profit. If we choose the best variant.

Hence, the conclusion that it's easier to earn the optimum number of points in one trade on such a strategy.

Of course the chart is striking and the price often goes up and down 100 and 200. I advise how to catch entry points with appropriate probabilities, mine are on the first page.

All kidding aside. If it's easy for someone to earn 500p/month, then to "work hard" to earn 20p/month you have to work hard and take a long rest. So which is easier? Rest or work? :)

Or do you mean 20p/day?

Mathemat >> :

Urain, just answer the thread question as you see fit, with as little justification as possible. Don't be so abstruse.

>> the answer is 20 simple.

Rationale: with positive mathematical expectation, in order to reduce risk (i.e. to increase stability) you need to reduce the lot to the minimum (and work with a stable lot), and at the minimum lot it is easier to reach 20, than 500.

Mathemat >> :

Urain, just answer the thread question as you see fit, with as little justification as possible. No need to be so abstruse.

Alexey I think 20 pips a day is real, it's hard to enter without a drawdown

you should use a stop that is logically farther away than 20 pips.

for example at night we may enter from the level of a flat inside a flat with stops 3-4 times larger than the target.

and quite stable and predictable - this time is well predicted

so 20 pips is quite realistic

for example gbpchf gbpeur couple of trades on these two pairs or others

with targets of 11p and stops of 30p.

do not try to get exactly two trades or one at 20 pips

high - it's hard to spot a flat but it's possible

YuraZ >> :

Alexey I think 20 pips a day is realistic but it's hard to enter without a drawdown

the stop should be logically farther than 20 points

for example at night you may enter from the level of a flat inside a flat with stops 3-4 times higher than the target

and quite stable and predictable

so 20 pips is quite realistic

, until a stop is triggered.

coaster >>: Or do you mean 20p/day?

coaster, the question is exactly as it was in the first post of the thread. 20 steady pips a month or 500 - which do you think is easier for you? It doesn't matter how you do it - even if it's in portions of 100 pips or whatever. I'm hoping for an answer as simple as the original question was.

YuraZ >> :

Alexei, I think 20 pips a day is realistic, it's hard to enter without a drawdown.

the stop should be logically farther than 20 points

for example, at night you may enter from the level of a flat inside a flat with stops 3-4 times higher than the target.

and quite stable and predictable - this time is well predicted

so 20 pips is realistic

Yura, thank you, your answer is clear. 20 points a month is too little for you, you do much more. Here you have made 22 overnight trades with TP=20, SL=60. What will be the m.o.p. of the deal if you work with your system like this?

Mathemat >> :

What's the m.o. of the deal if you work your system like this?

>> 20 and will it be?