Which is easier - a steady 500 pips a month or just 20? - page 2

ivandurak >>

Now to the question of detection. You need a practitioner, not me. But okay, let's get it right.

Well, the original problem has become 7 times closer and clearer. Together with the practitioners involved, I think we will very soon solve it completely.

It's easier to make 500 pips in 10 entries than 20 in the same 10 entries. For me. Better is the ratio of col_ons gained/col_ons expended.

joo >>: It's easier to make 500 pips in 10 entries than 20 in the same 10 entries.

Yep, there are concrete answers as to what is easier. It turns out that it is 500, not 20.

joo >> :
It's easier to make 500 pips in 10 entries than 20 in the same 10 entries. For me. Better the ratio of_colories gained/colories spent.

This is my personal experience in demo and real trading, manual trading. I try to build expert systems following the same principle. It is easier to approach an elephant and grab half a thigh than to pick off a fly with hair.

As if the Stop at 500-point half-break target were not half an elephant.

Prival писал(а) >>

I don't think you're looking at the right end, it doesn't matter if it's 20 pips 100 or 500 profit. The important thing is something else.

It is the accuracy and precision of the trade, and this is defined by the drawdown in pips. Precise entering. You should always be able to breakeven. The ideal is a 0 points drawdown and not one pip against you after your entering the market. Let it be 20, 30, 100 trades with zero profit, the main thing is no loss. You may catch your 20, 30, 100 pips one day.

The problem is in the stability.

You need an entrance when the market will not go against you even 20 pips.

Does anyone really have one?

That's the idea I had as I went along.

I took the TS that I'm working on now. I set a 20 point take. I ran a test.

got about 85% of profitable trades since 1999.

Then I ran it with a Take 20 and a Stop 20.

profitable trades were 46%.

(there may be a tester error, which means the loss has been reached before the take, so the figure can be accepted as correct, i.e. the tester makes the results worse)

a losing streak of 9 trades in a row

take a couple of thousands of dollars depo. 0.01 lot + matrigale

20 pips in the pocket :)

sayfuji >> :
As if the Stop at 500 point half leg target were not equal to half an elephant.

Be warned. I wrote "500 pips in 10 entries". What you're talking about applies solely to MM. And MM should be chosen accordingly, so as not to have any pleasant surprises, the ones you're talking about.

joo >> :

Be careful. I wrote "500 pips in 10 entries". What you're talking about applies only to MM. And you have to choose the right MM to avoid the surprises you are talking about.

What I'm saying is that with very close targets, 1-10 pips, no tech analysis is out of the question. The strategies based on this usually exploit some specific peculiarity of the instrument and do not cover any meaningful time period. Targets above 50 pips are based on those analyses (they should be), and are much more suitable for working in the long term.

Будьте внимательны. Я писал "500 пунктов за 10 входов". То, про что Вы говорите, косается исключительно MM. А MM нужно выбирать соответствующий, дабы не было не приятных сюрпризов, тех, о которых Вы говорите.

I'm being very careful, I just got the impression from the way you were talking that you didn't mean what you said. In fact, you could go 10 times 50 and take just a little bit. Why? Because it's about the wrong MM. You said yourself that the MM is a lot of things, and 5 hundred for 10 deals is normal, even good, but it's not "half a thigh".

sayfuji >> :

I'm being very careful, I just got the impression from the way you were talking that you didn't mean what you said. In fact, you could go 10 times 50 and take just a little bit. Why? Because it's about the wrong MM. You are saying yourself, that it is the MM. And 5 hundred for 10 trades is ok, it's even good, but it is not half a thigh.

(TP50, SL50) - better than (TP2,SL2). Is it better now understood?