Baracuda - Opinion of programmers and developers - page 2

Vladon писал(а) >>

//3.If the breakdown is not false, a third signal is given!!! +

And how do you determine if the breakout was false or not? Usually, this leads to a delayed entry, which is tantamount to a loss in a BB based strategy unless the TP is equal to several spreads.

Fduch >> :

And how do you determine whether the breakout was false or not? Usually, it leads to a delayed entry, which equates to a loss in a BB based strategy unless the TP is equal to several spreads

Sometimes going over the Bollinger line means a "fake breakout", i.e. when prices have just tried a new level and immediately went back up. In this case you also have an opportunity to work against the trend, but carefully assess whether the "breakout" is really a "fake" one. A good confirmation in such cases is the volume, which should decrease sharply in case of a "false breakout".

You write that the Expert Advisor does not trade in a flat, but how exactly do you determine whether it is trending or flat?

According to the Bollinger lines, the greater the distance between them, the greater the speed of the trend, if prices beat in a narrow Bollinger channel it means FLET, the Expert Advisor has it all and calculates it instantly.

2007-2008 without optimisation

Vladon писал(а) >>
I want to note that when tested on a demo account, the expert makes no mistakes, and makes a correct forecast and opens positions correctly, it means that I am calm about it, of course I need to think how to minimize the loss, ie close as soon as the Bollinger Bands show that the market has to leave, ie The trend has turned in another direction

I have never had any profits on M30, but maybe there are other opinions

Sta2066 >> :

I have never had any profits on M30 in real life but maybe there are other opinions

In general, the description of the Bollinger Bands if you look, it is written that the recommended timeframe of 1 to a day, but on M30, it already works well, I test it on the demos for a month, Pokka opens positions in the right direction, but every day I add a lot of additions to it, such as today added the ability to limit total loss of the deposit, ie if the money is less than necessary to open the minimum lot, the adviser expects profit ... Although, I have not lost one lot, I have traded with 5000 demo account and it is around 10000 and this is during one month, I will keep adding new features.

Vladon писал(а) >> Sometimes going over the Bollinger line means a "false-break", i.e. when prices just tried a new level and immediately went back. In this case you also have an opportunity to work against the trend, but carefully assess whether the "breakout" is really "false". A good confirmation in such cases is the volume figure, which should drop sharply in case of a "false breakdown".

I.e. if the volumes decreased and the band was only High or Low of the bar and not Open\Close, then it is considered a fake breakout? Mm, as far as I can see from the charts, such a filter gives good results? I used to write a BB strategy with similar rules, but it was a loss...