again on the tester - page 2

Renat >> :

..Being in a society of technicians, play by the rules of technicians...

..I'm sure that when you try to look for evidence, you will quickly retract your words.

Since you are so offended by this, I will clarify my thought to make it clearer that this is not a complaint about MT, but a subjective opinion.

Any simulation is a priori different from the real process and these differences can affect the result.

Therefore, it is logical to strive for strategies based on bars rather than getting involved in looking for flaws in tick modelling.

In this case the testing is done on real historical data and there is no room for doubt.

By the way, I think I figured out why the M5 "ticks" and "checkpoints" test results don't match... Renat, if something is wrong, correct me...

ticks on M5 are formed by interpolating ONLC checkpoint data on M1, and checkpoints on M5 are formed by interpolating checkpoint data on M1... shit, got the fuck confused...

anyway, it's interpolation on different segments... like that...

Renat >> :

Being in the techie community, play by the techie rules. Be kind enough to prove your "ticks can't be trusted" claim publicly with detailed facts (screenshots and accurate tables of real and simulated prices that will show the differences). Make it simple and technical by publishing a table of bid-ask prices in an hour of collected real ticks and simulated by a tester based on minutes. With all descriptions so that any user can replicate your experiment.

From the "Why don't they remove the pips?" thread:

A simple example

Video: http://rapidshare.com/files/172495799/ИКОН.avi.html (replace the word ICON with Latin).

Anyone can open a demo account on the server 67.29.176.167:443 and see similar differences for themselves.

Addendum: To see this, you have to download the terminal http://www.metaquotes.net/ru/files/tradeviewfx/tf4setup.exe and open a demo account in it.

mql4com >> :

From the branch https://forum.mql4.com/ru/17424/page23 :

A simple example

Video: http://rapidshare.com/files/172495799/ИКОН.avi.html (replace the word ICON with Latin).

Anyone can open demo account on the server 67.29.176.167:443 and see similar differences.

I can't get your video to open... what do you want to show there? an increase in spreads?

Sorry, I did not get it right away... Yeah... Yeah... Which brokerage house has this mess? Don't worry, they won't make a fuss...

Yes, and most importantly, Renat, why is this possible in the terminal?

granit77, once again I ask the question. Prove that simulated ticks are worse than real ticks for testing purposes. I have been asking this question since 2003. The only one who could answer it was Goodman. But he was only able to prove for 'triple' testing (for testing that was in MT 3). Can you prove for four?

Vincent_Vega, just open the autonomously generated FXT files and look at the ticks fed to the tester input.

stringo >> :

granit77, once again I ask the question. Prove that simulated ticks are worse than real ticks for testing purposes. I have been asking this question since 2003. The only one who could answer it was Goodman. But he was only able to prove for 'triple' testing (for testing that was in MT 3). Can you prove for four?

Sticking in: "for testing purposes" - what is that?

mql4com писал(а) >>

I'll jump in: "for testing purposes" - what is that?

Suppose the tester can be fed data from different sources - generated or obtained by collecting real ticks - during testing. Prove that for testing purposes real ticks are better than generated ticks.

stringo >> :

Suppose that during testing the tester can be fed data from different sources - generated and obtained by collecting real ticks. Prove that real ticks are better than generated ones.

no... first you'll have to prove they're not worse...

yes stringo, now that you've shown up, why does the terminal allow such discrepancies as in the picture?

Vinsent_Vega писал(а) >>

no... first you have to prove they're as good as...

I'm not going to prove it. The vast majority of users are happy with our generation. That's why I personally don't need the attraction of another stray newb. (Sorry to be blunt, but you haven't read all of our tester articles)

As the thesis of my proof. No sequence of tics that ever happened will ever happen again. Think.