Trade101 multi-currency indicator - page 6

sergeev писал(а) >>

Interesting table. Can you explain in Russian what the numbers mean?

It is a correlation matrix. The diagonal elements = 1 because the currency itself is always correlated (i.e.) it moves the same way. The corresponding cells have the correlation coefficient. From the figure. EURUSD -> GBPUSD 96.0 are correlated

Prival >> :

it is a correlation matrix. the diagonal elements = 1 since the currency itself is always correlated (i.e.) moves exactly the same. The corresponding cells have the correlation coefficient. From the figure. EURUSD -> GBPUSD 96.0 are correlated

Does this mean that GBPUSD is moving in the same way as EURUSD at 96.0, or what?

How are these coefficients calculated?

In this case, it is most likely the number of bars on some selected timeframe that closed in the same direction in %.

No, it's not, it's the inverse of korel. There's a minus.

sergeev писал(а) >>

Does this mean that GBPUSD is moving with similarities to EURUSD at 96p or what?

How are these coefficients calculated?

Look at Kim's, here 'Useful functions from KimIV' covariance, to get the correlation this value needs to be divided by RMS1*RMS2. Where is RMS1 and RMS2 respectively.

my opinion : Prival is right !

the indicator visualises the group correlation of currency pairs... which can essentially be expressed in numbers. We load quotes of related pairs into csv-file and compare series using CORREL() - if indicators of usdxxx pairs tend to 1 and xxxusd tend to -1, there is growth of quid against all currencies ...

I beg your pardon, the analysis should be done in Excel. Websites do not provide a flexible tool for analysis, while from mt you can do both minute and 4-hour correlation analysis, and to the depth that BAC is interested in - by setting the length of the data array. And in principle, the analysis in Excel does not end with this function (stat functions)

Everything can be done in MT4, at least the calculation of the correlation matrix is not difficult, but its graphical representation would be good to do in this form

http://www.mataf.net/en/forex/eurusd

I can't insert a picture (look at the link in the star shape) radius of a circle =1.

In my opinion, if we make a complete set of stars and feed them to the input of the NS, we can get a very good TS (there are several neural networks that are good at recognizing graphic images). Here they are these images in the form of stars and slip them

Z.U. By the way in my opinion very good predictions and forecasts in the free access kind of.

This is where they are tracked http://www.kroufr.ru/forum/index.php/topic,351.195.html

+2420 points for the week, that's impressive

Figar0 писал(а) >>

I read about this method. Yeah... It seems like someone is deliberately trying to confuse us all, some complicated indicators, several accounts and who knows how many other things. I'm trying to get the gist of it but it keeps slipping away. Who's got it?

++++++

I think it could be a lot simpler than that. Why not just decompose currencies in order, according to their change over a period of time, like indexes or some SS indicators, then for each currency to decompose pairs involving it and do the math from there. The essence of any multicurrency system should fit these two lines. Here already something can be automated, and some rules can be clearly formulated. Or then the system will lose its mysteriousness?) Surely there is someone who has had time to dig deeper, tell me where the flaw in my reasoning?

IMHO!

There are traders ... There are programmers who are afraid of programming and there are programmers who do not want to trade.

Instead of writing (rewriting) Semen Semenych's indicators, it's easier to buy 14 currencies and watch the state of the account, making a decision on the pair position in the table. This is about the first, simplest, method.

On the basis of this "idea" the Orest indicator appeared - another story.

The question is what to go to the programmer with, when there is only an assumption. As for the fact that "pairs" may be added or multiplied.

Personally, I (by the simplest method!!!!) just want to understand "Trader 101" saw within the terminal window "coincidences" or these coincidences can be observed since 2004.

By making "theoretical" improvements to a given algorithm, sooner or later a baby will be spit out. And after making sure (or loosing faith) in the "long life" of the algorithm, you can start to "open the brackets", and then almost certainly it will come to ... multicurrency MA :)

SZZ. One of those who has probably understood the matter - ketrin - has long asked to make usual multicurrency indicators there.

I personally, when the first variant is implemented correctly, the balance does not increase for all pairs. I cannot yet sum up the total portfolio. One of apparent divergences from the "idea" is the fact that I sort pips, but not "profit in deposit currency". But I've made the observation, that it's not a simple crossing of the "median", but ... 'jumping over the median from a distant approach.

'

Although ... either a mistake in the code or just a coincidence. :)

Again, I'm only talking about the first, simplest, variant.

In general, it's a pity that MT doesn't have at least a primitive multi-currency tester. There are several, at first glance, not bad ideas, but checking manually is nullified by human factor... And it takes time...

++++++++++

And about the correlation, you probably can't do without it either. By the way, I have long thought that Forex correlation can be considered not only for currency pairs, but also for currencies themselves. But the more general the analysis of the market will be, the more sensible such a system should be. I looked lately (a week) and unexpectedly CHF and JPY turned out to be very correlated. Of course, JPY is more volatile, but the movement pattern, pikes are very similar.

++++++++++

Maybe instead of wasting time and effort on prying into details of other people's "creative work" one should "storm" the market and invent one's own system. I might think along those lines...

sergeev писал(а) >>

And the point of counting total green and red profits if you need to know the position of the currency - lines 7-8.

I'm sorry - I didn't see it. I'm not looking at lines 7-8, it's boring :). I enter at 14 symbols simultaneously with 0.1 lot (demo) - and it's very difficult to miss... I'm sleepy... I am not able to spend a lot of time with the terminal - I start, look, switch off or go in and exit. I am busy with collecting indices and watching what and why. I may manage to take bribes at 0.01 on micro-real.