[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1132

Dimka-novitsek:

Still tell me, I haven't been able to figure it out for five days.

Help!

What do you really want to get?

Dimka-novitsek:

Still tell me, I haven't been able to figure it out for five days.

The code of the function WindowFirstVisibleBar() please send it to me!

Dimka-novitsek:

WindowFirstVisibleBar I took from the ceiling, that is, from the dictionary. Also, in order to see how it works.

Bothers another, does not work properly simple if (up>=1||down>=1) !

As I see it, if just works and gives out a price. But the function does not, i.e. it works - but only once, on the first visible bar, as requested.

what is a good drawdown for an EA?

ForAll:
what is a good drawdown for an EA?

Take a look here - maybe something will be clearer - https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/130054

No, I understand what the drawdown is, what EAs take for "non-drainable", for example 12% is a good drawdown, but can it be a guarantee ?

ForAll:
No, I understand what the drawdown is, on which EAs come in for "non-drainage", for example 12% is a good drawdown, but can it be a guarantee ?

According to the books - if the drawdown within a month exceeds 10%, then trading is suspended until the next month - there was even a function somewhere... (In order not to pour out even more, although on the other hand, if

trading in the system, then a possible profit is missed... Perhaps the market has entered a slightly "different" phase of its movement and the TS is pouring, so we sit tight until the next one starts...). ).

In the end everyone decides for himself which risks he is ready to take...

P.S. Again, much depends on the strategy itself, with aggressive - and the drawdown is greater (up to complete drainage), and the profit is higher (at times), with conservative - profit 20-30% per year at more than moderate risk, 90% - om saving deposit ...

ForAll:
What is a good drawdown for an EA?

One in which clarity of mind, firmness of hand and adequacy of decision-making are maintained.

This is a topic for a separate thread, but, imho, it only makes sense to estimate the drawdown, at least, if you know the purpose of the strategy.

what is the difference between maximum drawdown and relative drawdown?

ForAll:
what is the difference between maximum drawdown and relative drawdown?
The former in quid (in currency), the latter in percentages.