[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1094

Vinin:

Take it and check it. It doesn't take long to do that. One EA with normal closing, the other uses OrderCloseBy().

Compare the results and then say

In fact, is this way really more profitable in terms of spread saving than just closing 0.1 SELL and opening 0.1 BUY?

kolyango:

Nah, is this really a better way to save spread than just closing 0.1 SELL and opening 0.1 BUY?

You're just a chatterbox. )))))

DhP:

You're just a chatterbox... )))))

There's still no clear answer. What is the best way to save money? In fact, is this really a better way to save spread than just closing 0.1 SELL and opening 0.1 BUY?

kolyango:

So there is no intelligible answer. Is it really true that this way is more profitable in terms of spread savings than just closing 0.1 SELL and opening 0.1 BUY?

Kolyana, it sounds like a question of idle curiosity.

Personal experience is the best friend and advisor.

Turn on MT4, run the EA code on the tester with and without OrderCloseBy().

DhP:

Kolyana, does this sound like a question of idle curiosity?

Personal experience is the best friend and advisor.

Turn on MT4, run the EA code on the tester with and without OrderCloseBy().

The councillor isn't ready yet. I need to have a strategy. I am interested in the more profitable option, based on the experience of others. Of course, I will check both options before starting work, but I would like to know which option is more economical.

kolyango:

The councillor is not ready yet. There has to be a strategy. I am interested in the more profitable option, based on the experience of others. Of course, before I run it, I will test both versions, but I want to know which one is more economical.

To understand whether it works or not, enough to run "buy-sell". In this case, there is no need for a strategy. Experiment.

DhP:

To understand whether or not ONE is working, all you have to do is run a buy-sell operation. In this case, no strategy is needed. Experiment.

Does the strategy tester consider everything or not (all ticks)? Does it take into account the spread, for example? And Swap? I simply have never used it. I am writing my first Expert Advisor. So if I'm asking trivial questions, please excuse me. However, this topic was created for this purpose...

kolyango:

Does the strategy tester take everything into account or not (all ticks)? Does it take into account the spread, for example? And Swap? I've just never used it. I am writing my first Expert Advisor. So if I'm asking trivial questions, please excuse me. However, this topic was created for this purpose...
Yes, it does. It is correct enough. The only painful problem: spread is not considered real-historical, but the one that is set right now in brokerage company. And it cannot be corrected manually (at least by internal means).

Any advice guys put the EA for testing and run it on M1 with one result i.e. bad, I change the period of testing on H4 . Test results of the same pair change for the better i.e. i would be ok, but then what are the results on the real account and why do the end result change, please tell me ??????

It's just that all EAs work differently on different timeframes. Try that timeframe, the result of which suits you, on a demo account. If you are satisfied with the results of different market behaviour, move to a real account.