[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 942

Is there such a thing as a text message notification when a stop or take is triggered?

I would not have to sit in front of the monitor all day long, but I would also be able to turn off the computer.)

I think it is possible to do something with a VPS

gheka:

Is there such a thing as a text message notification when a stop or take is triggered?

I would not have to sit in front of the monitor all day long, but I would also be able to turn off the computer.)

when you turn off the computer, EAs tend to stop working, but nobody's stopping you from installing a terminal on the VPN, and there are plenty of EAs and scripts that send your email, I think you'll figure it out on your own ... )

001:

It's easier to put a parabolic on the trailing edge, it's hard to squeeze more out of an EA than it will.
Oh, yeah? ...? Whoa!!! Wow!

ViktorF:

Here's a question:

How do I set a check on what is the total profit of the current day?

Suppose I have an open order (which is now in deficit), but the day ends, and I don't want to leave the order running for the next day. I need my Expert Advisor to check the total profit for that day (including the negative profit of an open order) and close the remaining order if the total profit for the day is more than a certain amount (number of points).

The question is a bit vague. Need to determine the total of all open positions?

Then:

Cycle through the terminal, select all positions with time limit and add OrderProfit() of each to a variable of double type. At the end of the cycle this variable will contain the sum of all OrderProfit(), which fell into the time limit. It will be profit or loss - it depends on the day trade.

Or define profit of the day closed, and then close the loss-making one, if the total profit allows you to stay in profit?

Then:

Cycle through the array of closed orders of the terminal. Add to it all OrderProfit(); closed positions, which fall into the timeframe of the required day, and add to it the OrderProfit(); open position. If the total amount after this is within your specified limits, then close (or not) the open position.

artmedia70:

Or determine the profit of the day's closures and then close the loss-making one, if the total profit allows you to stay in profit?

Then:

Cycle through the array of closed orders of the terminal. Plus all the OrderProfit(); closed positions, which fall within the time interval of the required day, and add to them the OrderProfit(); open position. If the total amount after that is within your specified limits, then close (or not) the open position.

That's the varipant I was interested in. Thanks for the tip.

Honestly, I thought there was a simpler way.

On the subject of the GENETIC ALGORITHM, I brought it up once before. Maybe someone will be interested!!!

I ran several tests and noticed that the GA ALGORITHM produces new results each time I optimize, but the cumulative result of my trading during the year is not much different. So GA picks very similar results.

Folks, can you tell me what function can be used to pull the current value of the POINTS about an open order? (I only open one order at a time)???

sergeyka2003:
Folks, advise which function can I use to pull the current value of POINTS about an open order? (I only open one order at a time)???

( current price - opening price ) / Point

or

for OP_BUY

points = (MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_BID)-OrderOpenPrice())/MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_POINT);

for OP_SELL

points = (OrderOpenPrice()-MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_ASK))/MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_POINT);

abolk - Checked it out, everything works!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!